Monday, May 1, 2017

Choir Tour 2017 by Kenedy

For our 2017 choir tour, our main event was Lagoon. These pictures are a little out of order of how the trip went. I don't even remember where the two left pictures were but the one on the right is my friend Carter. He had a bag of cheeseballs on the bus and he decided he was going to try and beat Michael Scott's record of 32 in his mouth. He ended up getting 34 in there. Out of all the pictures I took of him stuffing cheeseballs in his mouth, this unfortunately happened to be the most flattering.
We had the opportunity to go and watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice some spring songs they were working on. It was very cool to be in their practice space watching them produce beautiful music. From left to right, this is Caleb, Madi, Kara, me, Madison, Anna, and Karissa.

We were also given time to walk around temple square and visit the different things they have there. This is from the family history center where I found out that Alexander Hamilton is my 7th cousin 7 times removed which I guess isn't that amazing but at least there is some relation.
From left to right: Kody, Anna, Kara, Karissa, me, Madison, Caleb, and Madi.

I loved visiting temple square because it opened up neat opportunities to teach nonmembers about what the temple is for and why family history is so important.
On our way to Salt Lake, we stopped by East High School which is where all of the High School Musical movies were shot. We met up with their choir and we each performed songs for each other.
If you've seen High School Musical, you'll recognize this as Sharpay's locker. Apparently every year they have a raffle to see which lucky student gets to use it.
From left to right: Gavyn, Carter, Kody, me
This was the pretty dreamcatcher I bought at the souvineer shop at a museum we went to.
We took this picture outside of the museum. We were originally supposed to go to a zoo but it was snowing and cold and so we decided to go to the museum instead. From left to right: Karissa, Madison, Kara, Quinn, Caleb, Anna, me
someone took a picture of me sleeping on the bus

My AMAZING family came to watch me when my choir performed. I was so happy to see them and it definitely was one of my favorite parts of the trip. From left to right: Maddy, Ben, Matt, me, Andrew and Isabelle.
Throughout choir tour, I had been sick and I would wake up with different symptoms each morning. My family put together a cute little care package with I greatly enjoyed. Love you Emily!!
I don't remember where it was but there was this huge stained glass mural with all kinds of different cultures and historical events. These were a few of my favorites. If you look at the top of the building on the bottom right picture you can spot Batman.
Overall choir tour was very memorable and I was able to form new relationships with people I hadn't interacted with much before. It came directly after a very hard time in my life and it was nice to be able to distract myself and have fun.