Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sewing Projects

Rylee made a blanket for Kylie's baby
Avynlea made some really cute stuffed animals for Kylie's baby. A seahorse rattle and an elephant with plastic in the ears.

For a young woman project Avynlea is working on sewing some modest clothes. The first one she did was a maxi dress that she made for Easter. We found a tutorial online and after drafting our own pattern she cut the pieces out and sewed them together. She did such a good job and the dress looks so cute on her.
My friend asked me if I could adjust the hem on a bridesmaid dress her niece had to wear. the wedding was the next day and she had just gotten the dress the night before and it was three inches too long. I was hesitant about doing it but said I would. I cut off three inches and sewed a new hem in the lining and the chiffon overskirt. Their was massive amounts of chiffon but I was pretty proud of my self for being able to do it.