Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mothers Day

On Mother's Day I woke up to the sounds of cooking in the kitchen. Ryker got up earlier then anyone else and on his own decided to cook me breakfast. He made me pancakes and scrambled eggs, it was a lot of food and I was only able to eat half of it. Ryker asked me if I wanted to eat breakfast in bed but I opted to eat it in the kitchen. Breakfast in bed is fun if there is a movie to watch, or people to hang out with but on a Sunday morning when we don't watch TV it isn't my thing. Plus all of the kids were sleeping and nobody was around to hang
 out with so it was better in the kitchen. 
After church Kefford had the kids help him prepare dinner and get it on the table. He got a frozen chicken and rice dinner which was not too bad. It was just nice to not have to cook and do the meal planning for a day. I got really sweet notes and cards from my kids and Kenedy gave me some awesome smelling bath bombs she made.

I love these kids of mine and am so grateful to have them with me forever. 

Ryker told me he was making me something at school and wasn't able to get it finished in time so he brought it home on Monday. It was a wooden pen that he had made in his engineering class. It is really cool and I love the thought and time he put into it.

The Verona Ward gave all of the mother's king size Symphony bars which made me really happy. You can never go wrong with chocolate!
I also got a food processor which I was thrilled to get. I have been wanting one for a long time and it works like a dream! Kenedy used my food processor to make a yummy peanut butter and chocolate treat for me, I love peanut butter and chocolate!