Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hunters Safety

Kefford decided that he wanted to put the kids in a Hunters Safety class. Kenedy opted out because she did not have time and she really wasn't interested. The other kids were excited about it though and Kefford signed them up for a week of classes, they had to go Monday through Friday 6-9 and then Saturday for an afternoon of in the field training. 
I have to give props to my kids for lasting the entire week and not complaining. Kefford was the one to take them most days but I filled in on Tuesday so he could go to his Bishopric meetings. I was so bored sitting in their class and was not having an enjoyable time. The kids didn't seem to mind the dryness of the lessons and always went willingly. Since I was their I took some pictures of ht kids learning their lessons.


On Wednesday Kefford called me after he left for work to tell me about the amazing rainbow that was outside. It was a beautiful full arched rainbow and pictures never do these justice. It was bright and gorgeous and it was a wonderful sight to start the day off.

I love that me kids can and do help each other with their homework. This morning Avynlea was more then happy to explain the tricky math that was a part of Rylee's homework packet. 
On Saturday the kids had their field training portion of hunters safety. They carried guns, followed blood trails and got to see and touch different cow organs. They were equally grossed out and excited about all of this field training.


After the field training the kids went back to the classroom for their "graduation". They were given their Hunters Safety cards, orange hats and were applauded by their peers.


Avynlea, Rylee and Ryker are now Safe Hunters for life. They are pretty proud of their accomplishments and I think it is pretty great for them to have done this class.