Tuesday, May 30, 2017

4th Grade Rendezvous with Rylee

I found these funny filters on snapchat so I sent the one on the left to my Mom and the fish one to Kefford. I am sure they loved them and will treasure the images always!
Friday was the 4th grade rendezvous for Rylee. I did not have a ton going on and so I decided I would volunteer to help out with this trip. Rylee didn't even have to ask me to come I just volunteered all on my own, that's how awesome of a parent I am! Of course as soon as I sent that email telling Mrs Larson I would help out I regretted it. I do not remember going on Rykers Rendezvous but Kenedy's was freezing cold and Avynleas was freezing cold plus rain. Not an enjoyable time at all. I waited a couple of days and then emailed her teacher letting her know that I would only be there half the time. I thought that was an acceptable amount of time to spend with Rylee on this field trip and it was acceptable to her teacher because she replied with a no problem attitude.
The parent volunteers met the kids at MMS which is where Rendezvous is always held and Chaparral had trading post first. IT was madness and chaotic but at the same time really organized. After the kids got the items they wanted we headed over to the Idaho State Police area where the kids got to explore different police cars through the ages.

We then headed over to the gun drills where I got pictures of Rylee learning how to march with guns the way soldiers did during WW1 and most likely many other wars.
We then headed over to the cannon reenactment where the men told us about their uniforms and then explained the workings of a cannon. It was actually really cool to watch and especially cool when they lit the cannon and it went BOOM. 

I had fun hanging out with Rylee that morning and am really glad I was able to go and spend some time with her. It was a really beautiful day and that was a nice change from previous years. I left after I walked our group over to eat lunch and then I went to do Admin for Dance Connection for a while.