Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring Break in Utah 3

I had some family names that I brought with me hoping my Mom and siblings would be able to go to the Temple with me to get some of their work done. Unfortunately Emily was the only one able to go. We were planning on going Friday night after she was done with school but we were so tired and when we found out the Provo Temple was open Monday morning we jumped on the opportunity to go then. 
It was a really nice Temple trip and I loved being able to be there with my sister doing family names that I had found. 
When we were done I had Emily take my picture and then we took one of the two of us outside the Lord's Temple in Provo.

Avynlea loves the Salt Lake City Temple and asked if it would be possible for them to go and do baptisms there. I said I would take them Tuesday morning and then we would just head home from there. We drove separately since I was not going to be going back to Emily's when we were done and about halfway there Emily signaled and started to Exit the freeway. I thought it was strange that we were getting off so soon but went with it because I figured maybe she knew a back way that was better. But as I was following her all of a sudden I saw her tire explode and the rubber flew off. We got off the freeway and parked in a parking lot and got out of our cars. Emily said she felt something weird going on with her car and heard a strange noise so she decided to get off the freeway. Crazy! She decided to send her kids with me and she would stay and wait for her husband to come and help her out. I felt bad leaving her but needed to get going so the kids could make it to their appointment. 
 We went in and as the kids were getting their recommends checked I asked the brother at the desk if their was a waiting room Rylee could wait in. He was very kind and said she would probably get bored but that she could wait in one of the chars right by his desk. Rylee brought her Kindle with her so she was OK with that arrangement. We were done faster then we thought we would be and so Rylee did not have to wait too long and was able to keep herself from getting bored. 
It was really neat going through a small portion of the Salt Lake Temple. The Sister leading us to where we needed to be showed us some doors the were from the original building of the temple and posted out a couple of other original features. I liked watching the kids get baptized and they even had me help by giving the kids their towels as they got out. I loved the experience and I am glad I was able to bring the kids to do this because I know they loved it also. 
After we were done we went around to the front of the temple so we could get some pictures while we waited to meet up with Emily. 









Such a great ending to a great trip to Utah. I am so glad I was able to meet up with my family and be with them for a couple of days. It is never often enough but I am grateful for any time we have to get together!