Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Egg Hunting and Dyeing

Saturday morning Kefford made us all pancakes for breakfast. He did a good job and it was nice to have someone else take over cooking duty for a change.
Later that afternoon we went out to the Barnyard so we could do a Peterson Easter Egg hunt. Kenedy had a girls camp meeting and had to stay behind but the rest of us went and Ryker and Avynlea helped put out the eggs for the kids to find. I love that my kids have fun being big kids and don't feel like they are missing anything by not participating. They had fun hiding the eggs and then helping their little cousins hunt for them. It is so fun to have big kids, I really love it!

Here is the before shot of all the Cousins excited to hunt for some easter eggs. 
Ally, Brielle, Hazel, Rylee, Qiana, Asher, Tayvia, Brooke, Jenna, Sadie, Madison, Xander, James and               Kelly
Mikayla and Avynlea had fun holding the babies. Another good thing about this big family is there never seems to be a lack of babies to hold. We all benefit from that!

Ryker and Bailey Spent time playing in one of the barns. They had fun swinging on the rope and Ryker's swing on the rope ended with a perfectly seated landing on the hay. These boys are so fun to watch, I love their relationship and love that they are such good friends.

After we got home I let Avynlea and Rylee decorate the eggs I had boiled earlier. Ryker did not want to color Easter Eggs and Kenedy was not around so I ended up with a lot of white eggs because Avy and Rylee got bored after not too long.  I think they did about 6 or 7 each. 



Avynlea made the comment that our traditions seem to fade each year. I thought about that and told her that I don't think they fade they just change a little and we have to adapt as the kids get older. We are not getting rid of traditions just making them work the best we can in our busier lives.