Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Sunday

We were planing on going to the farm for Easter dinner, our church starts at 1:00 and since we didn't feel that that would give us enough time to make it for dinner we decided to go to our old Ward, the Linder Ward, for sacrament meeting, their Ward starts at 9:00. We got the kids up and had them get all ready for church before they could find their Easter baskets. Avynlea and Rylee requested that the baskets get hidden again this year since they really like that tradition. When they both asked if I would hide the baskets I asked Rylee why she was asking me and it came out that Rylee has reached the age of not believing. I knew it had to happen sooner or later but I have to admit it is a little sad that none of my kids believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny or anything. It is also a bit of relief to be able to drop the pretense and not have to hide behind anything anymore. 
They still have to keep the magic alive so I told them again if they don't believe they don't receive :)
After they got ready in their Easter finest I let them go find their baskets. Kefford hid them and I didn't even know where they were hidden but they were hidden good because it took all of them a while to find their baskets. Avynlea was the last one to locate hers and I had to start searching also so I could help her. I finally spotted it in the Laundry Room and let Avy know to limit her search to that room. She finally found it hidden under a towel and I have to say well done to Kefford, he did a good job with the hiding. 
While we were wandering around getting ready Kefford spotted a basket that was left on our doorstep. It seems that someone left an Easter Egg hunt on our front lawn for the kids. It was such a fun surprise and they loved being able to go out and hunt for more eggs. It was done anonymously and I really wish I knew who did it so that I could thank them. It was such a fun and kind thing for someone to do and it kills me that I can't let them know how much we appreciated it.

Before we left for church I wanted to get some pictures of the kids dressed in their Easter finest. Once the "nice" picture was taken Kenedy insisted on the second one because they did it last year and it is now tradition.

Kefford and I got a picture of the two of us and then I said we need to do a tradition one like the kids so we copied their pose. 


I loved going to the Linder Ward for sacrament meeting. I was able to visit with some good friends I haven't seen in a while and it felt a little bit like coming home. I am glad they are always so welcoming when we decide to come around and are always so happy to see our family and to let us know how much they miss us.
After church we had some time before we needed to leave and so Kenedy opened up Snapchat on my phone and we all played around with some of the filters. 


Once we got to Nyssa we had a little bit of time before his parents got out of church so I suggested stopping by to see Uncle Dean. Dean was diagnosed with cancer and has not been doing good the past couple of weeks. He is expected to not last long and I wanted the kids and I to be able to see him one last time. Kefford got to visit with him about a week ago when he was in Nyssa with Brad which was good. Unfortunately Dean was not able to have visitors and so we talked with Aunt Gloria a little bit and also Uncle Burdette and Aunt Kathy who were there helping take care of him. Kathy is Deans little sister and I just love her, she is always so sweet and easy to talk to.
After about a 40 minute visit we headed over to the farmhouse for dinner and time with family. The kids loved playing with their cousins and I had fun visiting with everyone and watching the happenings. It was also Bob's birthday so we had an Easter/birthday dinner although he disappeared pretty quick after dinner and we did not get to see very much of him. I am not sure if he had meetings or if he was with Uncle Dean but I missed seeing more of him.
I was in the mood to make a potato salad and so that is what I contributed to our family dinner. My Mom always sliced up hardboiled eggs to put on top of her potato salads for a decorative look and I decided to do that but make it more Eastery with turning my eggs into bunnies. I thought it looked really cute and I was quite pleased with myself!
I also made our traditional bunny cake but I made it Saturday and we ate part of him that night. I never planned on taking him to the farm with us it was just meant to be a treat for my family, after all it is my tradition!
I was sent these pictures Brit took of Kenedy with her little cousins. Kenedy loves her little cousins and they love her. It is so fun to see their relationships and to see how my kids really love and take care of their younger cousins.

We had a really nice Easter Sunday and I am so grateful for the time to reflect on our Savior and remember his sacrifice for us. I am grateful that we have the knowledge that we will be with the ones we love for eternity and that I will be able to be with those family members who have passed away and see them again someday. This is an amazing Gospel we are blessed to be a part of and I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father and His watching out for me and the help I receive when I get discouraged.