Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer Solemate 5K

After the beach Stephanie took Rylee and Kenedy home with her for a couple of days. Kenedy sent me this picture of Rylee wearing a sweatshirt that Breana gave her. She is such a little cutie!
Flex it pink was doing another virtual 5k and this one was scheduled to be run while we were all in California. I sent a text to my Mom and Sisters telling them we should do this all together since it was perfect timing. I signed up Kenedy and I again and my sisters and Mom all signed up also. The morning of we all got together at the park to run our miles. 
I ran with Heather and I am really glad I did. She helped keep me motivated and we made pretty good time. We were first place out of our group! Woop Woop!
I was sent an extra medal in my packet and so I contacted Flex it pink to let them know and to see what they wanted me to do with it. They told me to go ahead and give it to someone who can be motivated to run the race with us. Avy expressed an interest in running and I told her if she did I had a medal for her. Rylee and Avynlea both ended up doing all of the miles and since I already promised the medal to Avy I did not have anything for Rylee. She was pretty sad but I told her I would contact flex it pink to see if I could get a medal for her. Though still a bit teary she agreed to that plan. I let her wear my medal for our pictures to help her feel better about it all. 

Kenedy walked/ran with Isabelle, Avynlea walked/ran on her own and Rylee walked with Alyssa. No matter the time or the way, everyone finished and I am so proud of us all!

Isabelle, Emily, Kenedy, Ashleigh, Heather, Stephanie, Alyssa, Elizabeth
Avynlea, Rylee, Camryn, Bonnie and Erin
3 generations of flex it pink runners



After we were done we went and got doughnuts and while we were there Stephanie slipped her medal around Rylee's neck and told me she could have it. That was super nice of her and Rylee and I appreciated it. Erin also told me she would give Rylee hers which was way cool. So thankful for my generous family!
Later after we all showered and changed Heather and I were wearing our Disney Vans so I snapped a picture of our shoes. Minnie for Heather and Ariel for Elizabeth