Monday, July 27, 2015

Driving to California and a Bridal Shower

Friday morning we left for California. Ashleigh and Andrew Brown are getting married on August 1st and we came down the week before whereas most of the other siblings will come down closer to the end of the week because they are going to the beach for camping the week after. Kenedy has girls camp that week and we have other stuff going on so we are not doing the camping with the others. Next year hopefully. Since we are not going camping this year with the rest of the family we did not have to pack a ton of stuff and there was more room in the car. 


We got there Friday evening and on Saturday was Ashleigh's Bridal shower. I asked my Mom if they could have it closer to the wedding day so that I could be there and promised that I would help out with anything and after talking to Connie Jones and MaryBeth Stevens, who were hosting the shower, said they would have it the Saturday before and that I was in charge of games, prizes and drinks. I decided to do the candy bar match game which was fun and gave 20 people the opportunity to win a candy bar. I also did little advice cards for the guests to fill out to give Ashleigh some marital advice and I did a water punch for the drink. 

Avynlea, JayLynn and Rylee at the shower eating lunch
The shower started outdoors and that is where we ate lunch but it was so hot that it was moved indoors for the game and present opening.


I wanted to do something unique for her shower gift and after perusing Pinterest I found this really cute print. I was not wanting to spend the $25 for the girl selling it on ETSY to do it for me so I asked my friend Lana who is awesome with photoshop if she would make one. She did and it turned out awesome. Printing it at Costco cost $4 and I got the frame from Hobby Lobby with a coupon so it was the perfect price. I was so thrilled, it turned out exactly how I pictured it with the frame. 

Connie has a pool at her house and as soon as my girls saw it they asked if they could put their feet in. I told them they could and saw exactly where this was headed. Sure enough by the end of the shower they were completely submerged in the pool. No worries. Connie said they could swim and so I had Kefford bring some suits and we let them swim for a couple of hours while the rest of us visited.


I am so glad I got to be here for her Bridal Shower, I really get tired of missing out on everything so it was really nice to be able to be here and be involved.