Sunday, June 28, 2015

Fun with cousins

Emily and I had talked about doing a cousin trade and so I left Ryker in Utah to be with Ben for about a week while we brought Isabelle home with us. Poor Kefford had a house full of girls, he handled it really well though and all of our girls did great together. I worried that with so much togetherness the kids might get tired of each other but if they ever had that emotion they hid it well. These girls had so much fun and got along great! 
Saturday night Kenedy and Alyssa went to the stake dance where they had fun.


On Sunday I took a picture of the five girls before we headed into church. Sacrament meeting was great and everyone behaved and did so good. The only hiccup was when I saw Avynlea while I was walking to Sunday School and I asked where Isabelle was. She told me she went to class which Kenedy. Isabelle is really tall for her age but she is 11 and I did not feel it ok for an 11 year old to be in the15 year old class. I went and found her and took her to her age appropriate primary class where she can be with the girls her own age.
It was Alyssas 15th birthday on Sunday and it was fun to have a little celebration for her. We had hamburgers for dinner and I made her a yummy birthday cake. I also got her a big bag of sour patch kids, her favorite, and since she is a fellow Ariel lover I got her some really cute Ariel bracelets. She is such a sweetie and was really happy with everything we did for her. I sure love this niece of mine and am so glad that she and Kenedy are such good friends.

We went shopping on Monday where I found a really cute skirt to wear for Ashleighs wedding. Her colors are red, orange, yellow and pink, starburst colors, and when I saw this skirt I thought it was perfect. The only part I was not thrilled with was the price and so I decided to wait and think about it. While we were waiting for Erin to pay I saw a sign that said 30% off skirts and dresses, I asked the sales girl about it and she said the sale was the week before but since they forgot to take the sign down she would honor the deal. I was happy and bought the skirt for a much better price. I had a white shirt at home to wear with it and I already had a necklace that matches it perfectly so all I had to get was the skirt! Yay!

Emily came with the boys on Wednesday and the next day I sent the kids to the park for free lunch. When they got back Ryker had filthy hands and after asking what happened I learned that Kenedys chain fell of her bike and Ryker fixed it for her. She took some pictures of the cute boy scout fixing her bike and sent them to me. I sure do love this kid of mine who is willing and able to help fix the bike chain.