Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happy 39th Birthday Kefford!

Keffords birthday was done a little bit different this year. We had decided a while ago to have Kenedy and Ryker switch rooms and on this day we had all of Rykers things downstairs in the Family room so that my friend Lana and I could paint the room that was soon going to be Kenedys. I went to the Temple that morning and while I was gone Lana came over to help Kenedy start the paint prep. When I got back I jumped right in with priming the room. We had decided that we would prime the first day and then come back the second day and paint. Lana did the edging and I did the rolling and I got done much quicker then she did and as I was watching her I looked to see how long we needed to wait for primer to dry before we could paint. It was only an hour or so and I decided to start painting because I had nothing else to do in their. Long story short I got done with the rolling of the paint and she had started on the paint edging but was not done and she really did not want to leave when she felt she was so close to being done. She knew it was Keffords birthday and we had some celebrating to do but she really refused to leave. She told me to go ahead with dinner she was just going to stay upstairs to finish painting. She was super insistent! I didn't know what else to do so even though it was a bit awkward we had dinner with Lana upstairs painting. After we were done eating I went back up and saw that she was almost done edging and so I stayed up with her while she finished the last part. She is such a good friend and I am so appreciative of her always willing to help me out with anything. 
After dinner and after Lana had left :) Kefford opened his presents and then instead of cake we decided to go get frozen yogurt from "Yogurtz". The four kids had coupons from school and I thought it would be a good time to use them. 
As we were driving down the road Avynlea yelled out that there was a turtle crawling down the sidewalk. We stopped and all jumped out to take a look. We knocked on the door of the house that it was crawling past and they said it was not their turtle. I did not feel right leaving the poor turtle on its own so we took it home and put it in the backyard with some lettuce and blueberries.

Kefford was anxious to get back to his basketball game, game 2 in the finals, and so we got our ice-cream and brought it home to eat. Plus the kids were anxious to hang out with the turtle in our backyard. 
Happy 39th Birthday Kefford!
We love you!

5 things I love about Kefford:
1. He is really handy and can fix and do so many things. He fixed my KitchenAid, my Kindle, replaced the dishwasher, put in the washer and dryer, replaced window screens (the actual screen part in the window screen frame). If something needs to be done he will try his hardest to figure it out himself before calling anyone else. I think it is great and saves us a lot of money.

2. He loves our kids and takes time to have fun with them. If he needs to go somewhere like running errands and a kid is home he will take them with him. He likes spending time with them and enjoys being with them. 

3. He takes care of me when I am not feeling well. He is really understanding on the rare days when I call him on his way home telling him I am sick, the house is a mess, and I can't cook anything. He comes home and fixes everything. I appreciate and love his understanding and compassion.

4. He is so funny and makes me laugh all the time! I really love his sense of humor!

5. He tells me I am beautiful and makes me feel good about myself. I was reading in our 2013 blog book about one day when I was not feeling so cute. I did not have make-up on and at dance one of the girls basically told me I did not look good without make-up. Was not a good day and when I got home one of the first things out of Keffords mouth was how pretty I looked without make-up on. It made me so happy to read that again and to remember how I felt before I got home and then how much better I felt after. I love that he loves me and loves how I look and that he tells me and makes me feel like I am pretty.