Thursday, June 18, 2015

Last day of school take 2

While I was cleaning out Ryker's room we found his map of Idaho that he made in the fourth grade. It was breaking apart so I took a picture of it and then with him holding it so we could throw it away. 

Wednesday was Avynlea and Rylee's last day of school. I do not let them wear flip flops to school, I don't think it is safe and they have to wear closed toe shoes. But on the last day of school I let them wear flip flops, such a nice mom! I remembered to take their pictures on this last day, they were so excited to finally have a start to their summer. My cute girls are getting so big. They will be in third and fifth grade next year.

Ryker wanted to get in the jumping for a picture action.

As a last day of school thank you for their teachers I made chocolate chip cookies and then printed out this cute tag and had the girls write a thank you note inside. I originally made sugar cookies to give their teachers. I make really good sugar cookies and thought it would be a yummy treat. But for some reason the cookies tasted weird and the frosting recipe I used was not one I had done before and it did not taste good. Basically the cookies were gross and so I threw them away and went with my delicious chocolate chip recipe. It was weird the sugar cookies did not turn out but whatever, I am glad I had a backup. 

At 11:30 I went to the school to meet the girls for the annual school wide picnic. After eating a little bit the girls wandered off to be with their friends and so I gave Avy my phone to take pictures of her and Rylee with their teachers.
Avy took a selfie with her friend Mia who was not going to be at Chaparral next year. We wanted a picture with Avynlea's teacher, Mrs. Montoya, but we could not find her.


Rylee with her bestie Maryn and Maryns little sister. 
Rylee and Mrs Bruck
She was a great teacher and Rylee loved being in her class. Ryle loves Art and it is one of Mrs Brucks  specialties so it was the perfect class for Rylee to be in. Mrs Bruck is actually leaving to go teach at a school closer to where she lives that has an emphasis on Art, we will miss her at the school but are excited for her to be able to go and do more Art.


Last time leaving the school as a second grader and a fourth grader