Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lagoon

This year we were invited by Bob and Alison to go with them to Lagoon. The last time Kefford went was before his mission and the kids and I have never been so we were pretty excited to go and spend time with some of Keffords family and have this new experience. 
Dustin's work had a special family day on Friday June 19th in which they also got discounted tickets so that was the day we were all going. Kefford had to work in Baker on the 18th and would not get back until later in the evening and so we planned on leaving that night, staying over in Burley and then driving the rest of the way friday morning. Bob and Alison were leaving Thursday morning and agreed to take Ryker and Kenedy with them so we could take the car and save on gas. That morning after we read scriptures I told Kenedy and Ryker they needed to get their chores done to be ready for when Bob and Alison come to pick them up. Ryker was not in the best of moods and decided to throw a fit about cleaning. I told him that if he did not get done by the time his Grandparents came I would make him stay and let them take Avynlea instead. He was not appreciative of that and didn't change his attitude, after warning him one more time I left it at that and went to get my own stuff done. A little bit later Ryker came up and apologized for his behavior and said he was going to work really hard to get his stuff done. I was really proud of him for his attitude change and happy that it wasn't a huge long fight to get him to do anything.
Before she left Kenedy took a picture of herself with my phone and then Trista sent me a picture of Ryker cleaning his plate at dinner. I am always so grateful for any opportunities my kids have to spend more time with their Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles, family is super important to me and my kids having great relationships with their extended family is really important.

Kefford had rented a cheap Mom and Pop Motel in Burley to stay at and when we pulled up and I saw what it looked like I told Kefford this is where we die. It looked pretty sketchy to me ;). The girls were excited about sleeping in a motel and it was a good stopover.


The next morning we got up and finished our trip to Farmington Utah. The park didn't open until 11 and so we hung out with the Petersons in their rooms until it was time to head over. Bob decided he wanted to get some food at Ihop and we went there to eat before we got to the park. 
We met up with Dustins family once we got inside and those 5 minutes were pretty much the extent of our hanging out with them. I expected everyone to stick together to go on the rides and be with each other but looking back that does seem pretty unrealistic in that we have older kids who can and want to go on the roller coasters whereas Dustin and Whitney, whose family also came, have younger kids who cannot do as much. So after getting in and saying hi we went off on our own to ride the rides. Isabelle came with us for a bit and Trista along with Sara and her roommates met up with us for a lot of the rides.



Avynlea was a sport and went on most of the roller coasters even though she is definitely not a fan. Rylee loves them and is always up for adventure and so not surprisingly she went on them all and loved them all.

I had my hair up in a bun which I thought was pretty good for a hot day of riding coasters but I had to redo it after every ride because it would get loose. I laughed and snapped this picture when I saw that Trista had the same problem.
This ride was Avynleas favorite ride, she rode it a couple of times. It basically spins you in a circle and since it is a bit tilted you end up squishing the person on the outer edge.  

We rode the tram to the other side of the park and I did not like it much. I am not fond of heights and this was just a bit scary for me, what a wimp I am. I just tried not to look down.



The ferris wheel was also nerve racking for me, I just do not like being up high, too scary!
The kids wanted to ride this airplane ride and because they wanted their own plane it worked out that Rylee had to wait and not go when our other kids went. We all loved watching her enjoy this ride, she is seriously the cutest in her enjoyment of things. I am quite sure it was worth the extra wait for her to have her own plane and she loved it!

Hand stamps selfie

The second time we rode the tram I was with Kenedy and it was not quite as bad. It sure was a convenient way to get to the other side of the park without walking.


By the time it was aout 7:00 I was hot and tired and done with Lagoon. It was a really fun day but I was ready for it to end. We met up with the rest of Keffords family for dinner at Red Lobster where I got a steak, the only turf on the menu. I was a sport and did try some of the surf off Keffords plate. It was fine but I will stick with the turf. 


Because we were in Utah and so close to Emily I asked Kefford a couple of weeks earlier if I could take some time to stay with her for a couple of days. I had to take advantage of the opportunity. Kefford was fine with it and we had talked about me leaving Friday night after Lagoon to go to Emilys and he would stay with his parents at their Hotel and drive home with them. Well, I was so tired after the long day and Alison had an extra room so I decided to stay the night at the Hotel so that I would not have to drive an hour at midnight to get to Emilys.
After dinner Kefford wen track to the Park with Kenedy, Ryker, Trista, Dustin and Whitney. While I took Avynlea and Rylee swimming in the Hotel Pool. Isabelle was going back to Nyssa to spend time with her Grandparents for a few weeks and so she was at the hotel and went swimming with us. 
The next morning Avynlea got ahold of my phone to take some pictures of the view out the window.

She thought her Grandpa snoozing in the chair was pretty funny so she snapped a picture of him as well.

Three little cuties
Rylee, Isabelle and Avynlea
I love any opportunity to spend time with family and this was a fun trip, now it is off to Emilys for more family fun!