Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Date Night and Team Bonding

Kenedy had her phone taken away and since she could not take selfies with her phone she resorted to stealing mine and using it to document her pretty face. 


My friend who does my hair was watching me try to brush out my wet hair with my regular paddle brush and then mentioned that I needed to get a "Wet Brush". I figured it was something to buy from the beuticians only store and didn't think much on it. While I was at Target a little while ago I was in the hairbrush section looking at brushes wondering if it was time to get a new one when I saw a "Wet Brush". I decided to get it and see if it made a difference for brushing my wet hair. I had it sitting on my bathroom counter and Avynlea saw it after her shower and asked if she could use it. I told her yes and then she came and told me how amazing it was. I only wash my hair twice a week and so I had to wait a couple of days but after hearing how Avy loved it I couldn't wait to try it out. Finally the day arrived and after my shower which included the washing of the hair. I towel dried my hair and went at it with the brush. Normally I start at the bottom and work my way to the top carefully brushing out the tangles. This time I started just brushing down from the top and it was seriously like magic. This brush went through my hair with ease and it was awesome. I suspect this was made by witches, that is the only explanation for the magic it creates when brushing my wet hair. All of us girls are fans and are now obsessed with this brush!
Kefford and I had a much needed date night Saturday night. We went to Dicky's Barbecue and then went to watch "McFarland USA" at the theater. The movie was really good and we both liked it enough to want to buy it when it comes out on DVD. I love inspirational true story movies!
Kefford wore his new orange Nike's and lets just say I will always be able to find him in a crowd while wearing these shoes. That is not a trick of the camera, the shoes seriously glowed.

Kenedy came home pretty late from cheer practice Monday night. I was getting pretty worried about where she was but Kefford was not concerned at all. I even texted a friend whose daughter was on the team and she told me her daughter was home. I was inwardly freaking out thinking of all the things that could have happened to her but did not let my fears show because of how calm Kefford was, I did not want to look like a freak. Finally after an hour and a half Avynlea said Kenedy was sitting out front in the car with her friend Sydni and her Mom. Ryker who must have missed our earlier conversations about where Kenedy was said that they have been out there for a while. Finally Kenedy came in and said they were just sitting out there talking about cheer. Thanks for making me worried guys!
Kenedy told us that at practice they were "kidnapped" by Varsity and taken to the park for pizza and games for some team bonding. I found these pictures online the next day. In the top picture Kenedy is on the right between the "m" and "e". In the bottom left picture I think she is the one towards the left by the girl in the purple shirt with Kenedy wearing the white shirt and yellow shorts, I am not positive that is her though even though pretty sure since that is what I remember her wearing:) And in the bottom right picture I think that is Kenedy right above the girl in the hot pink shirt. It looks just like the back of her head ;)
Rylee decided to get in on the selfies with Moms phone action, her camera working skills need a little work :).
Kefford sent me this picture he took at our ward building. He said that you can't tell in the picture but you could see the entire arc of the rainbow. so pretty!