Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Meridian Idaho Temple Visitors Center

For Family Home Evening on Monday night we went over to the Meridian Temple Visitors Center. We got there right as they were starting a new group so it was perfect timing for us. They showed pictures of the progress so far and it was pretty cool how they would stop and explain things and they did a lot to liken the building of a Temple to a Family unit. It was a great FHE lesson. After they were done they told us we could look around and also take a rock from a bucket they had by the door. My kids each took a rock and when we got home Avy and Rylee wrote Temple Rock or TR on theirs to always remember where the Rock came from. 
A map of all the current Temples, Temples being built and Temple announced in the World. Pretty impressive!
I really liked this quote. I am blessed at this time to be able to go do service in the Temple once a week and it has strengthened my testimony of the Temple so much. I have had many impressions come to help me in my life while being in that Holy place and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to go as often as I do. It is so exciting to see the progress being made on this new Temple and how cool it will be to have it 5 minutes down the road. We are truly blessed!