Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sew Fun!

I wanted to take some pictures of the girls dolls posing with the sleeping bags Kenedy made so that we could have them for her display at the boutique. They really turned out so cute and the dolls seem to really love the sleeping bags!
I made Kenedy pose for a picture in front of her display at the Boutique. She is usually less then thrilled when I want to take pictures. With the amount of selfies I find of her on my phone you would think she would love it!

I did Avyleas hair in cute loops and I told her that it made her look like a hamster, Ryker then walked in and said she look like a panda bear. Avy took my phone and snapped some pictures of her with her animal face and hair.

My girls have been wanted to sew more and so I told them we would do it on Tuesday after I got back from the Temple. I was worried that I would be too tired because I did not sleep well the night before but I sucked it up and we got to it. They both picked a pattern and then some material and working with them we got it done. They did so good for their first time and they had a lot of fun. I was a lot more hands on with Rylee because she is still young enough I felt I needed to but even then she did a lot and felt really accomplished. Avy did awesome as well and we were all surprised with how fast it went. They are both really happy with what they made and are looking forward to making more! I love how cute the dresses look and love the material they picked from my stash.


I commented to my girls that it felt a little like the blind leading the blind because I am not the best at sewing. My Mom cringes whenever she is around to watch me sew as I do not always do things the way they should be done. I am trying though and getting a lot better. I am lucky to have wonderful friends who give great sewing advice when I need it.