Monday, March 16, 2015

Road Trip!

Friday morning we Rylee, Avynlea and I left Boise with Alison, Mikayla, Trista, Trista's friend Madison and Sara's Bosses Mom Wendy to go to Pocatello. We were on our way to watch Kenedy in her final cheer competition of the season. We were taking Wendy so she could visit her daughter in Rexburg for her Birthday. Once we got to Pocatello Alison dropped Me, Rylee, Avy and Mikayla off at the Hotel while she and the rest of them took Wendy to Rexburg and picked up Sara. Sara did not get off of work until 6 and so I knew we were going to be on our own for a while. After checking into our room the girls changed their clothes and I took them swimming in the Hotel Pool.



Kenedy was coming up on a bus with her cheer squad and they arrived about an hour after we did. Some of the cheerleaders came swimming and the girls enjoyed watching them perform some of their cheer jumps into the pool. After they left my girls wanted to show off what they could do.




After they had their fill of swimming I had them shower and change and then we walked down the road to eat dinner at Applebee's. The food was really good and after everyone had their fill we headed back to the hotel where we watched TV until Alison came with the girls.

Trista and Madison had the fun idea to make posters for Kenedy and so when they got to the room they had pink posters, paint markers and glitter glue. Avynlea, Rylee and Mikayla had a lot of fun watching and helping. The posters turned out so cute!


After a late night we got up the next morning and got ready to go cheer on our cheerleader. Kenedy and two of her fellow cheerleaders came by so I could braid their hair and then we went down to get some breakfast. It was pretty crowded with all of the cheerleaders and hotel guests so after we got our food we came back up to our room and ate it in there. I made Meridian color cheer bows for my girls to wear and borrowed some Meridian shirts in their sizes from my friend Lana. If I had known Mikayla was coming ahead of time I would have made her some also. She borrowed a bow from Madison and did not act bothered at all that it was not the same so no worries there.
I sent the below picture to Kenedy and her reply back was "Ugh that's going to be embarrassing". Hahaha. I knew she would be embarrassed but I also knew that she would love it.




Kenedy was able to perform with her stunt group and JV Pom. She was amazing. I was getting annoyed watching some of the other teams performing because the girls would pull weird faces that they thought made them look cute and peppy and to me they only looked fake and rehearsed. Kenedy was so fun to watch because her smile was so big and so real. You could tell that she was loving what she was doing and it showed all over her face! She was disappointed with her stunt routine because she fell out of the last stunt but to me it was awesome to watch . I had never seen her perform with her stunt group and I really did not know she could do so well. It is so cool to see how far she has come and how much she has improved this year. 
The teams win awards according to their schools division. Meridian is a 5A school and they were the only 5A to compete at this competition, so, we won first place in everything. Not too shabby! To me it didn't seem like it was a must win type of competition for Meridian, it was a chance for experience and team bonding. I know Kenedy had a lot of fun and we had a lot of fun watching. I am so glad that my Mother-in-law is so supportive of my kids as well as Keffords sisters. It means a lot to me and to my kids with how much support and love they get.
I had Sara and Trista send me the photos they took and this next group of pictures are the ones that Sara took.






The music was so loud and jarring at this competition and sitting right in front of me was an older man who would leave every half hour and come back in reeking of cigarette smoke. By the time the competition was over my head was throbbing and I felt like throwing up. So I did not get any of the pictures I wanted to get with Kenedy, I was out in the hall trying not to throw up. 

While we were waiting for Sara's ride to meet up with us I took some pictures of my cute girls.



These last pictures are ones that Trista sent to me. She took them on the way up to Pocatello and on the ride back down.




I had such a fun trip and am always glad for the opportunity to spend time with family!