Saturday, February 27, 2010

Valentines Weekend getaway

For Valentines Day this year Kefford and i wanted to do something special just the two of us. So using some of his reward points Kefford got us a room at the Hilton garden Inn in Eagle. We left our four treasures in the capable hands of Keffords sister and her husband and baby and away we went. Of course this year Valentines Day was on Sunday so we left Friday night and came back on Saturday. First thing we did after checking into our hotel was go out to eat. We decided to try something new and so we went to "Cool Hand Luke's"
I am so glad we came here. The food was amazingly good and the atmosphere was so nice. It was pretty rustic but so cool. We got our drinks served to us in huge mason jars so we had plenty of liquid and our waitress had a sixth sense and always brought our next drink just as we were taking our last swallow and putting the empty cup down.
We got yummy sourdough rolls before we ordered and they came with that cute little pot filled with steak and beans. Delicious!!

Kefford got peppercorn steak which he said was good but maybe the peppercorn was a little too overpowering.

I got a heaping pile of raspberry chipotle ribs. They were soooo good. My meal cost about $15 and I had enough leftovers that I ate them for lunch the next day, dinner on Sunday and then finished them off for lunch on Monday. Not too shabby. I am totally recommending this place to anybody and everybody, you will not be disappointed! If you are though don't tell me cause it will ruin my day.
After dinner and some shopping at Target we went back to our room.
Except it wasn't just a dinky Hotel room. Kefford somehow talked them into upgrading us into a nice fancy Suite!
It had a sitting area
A nice big bedroom with a cool balcony
A big bathroom with a huge jetted tub
A kitchen with a fridge and microwave and a nice table with chairs plus it had a cute little foyer to walk into
This place was really nice and I felt very spoiled!
Our balcony was the one on the bottom.
Kefford and I had such a good time and hope that this is something we can do again!
(I forgot to bring my camera and so we used our camera phones to take pictures. After we got home I suddenly remembered that my camera was in my purse. Yeah it was with us the entire time...I am such a dork!!)