Monday, February 22, 2010

Now that doesn't look good

A couple of weeks ago Avynlea started getting a weird rash all over her body. We had just been to the Doctor for her well child appointment and she noticed a small rash on her foot and said that it was hives. She just told me to keep an eye on it. Within a couple of days it had turned into something covering her face, arms, legs and bottom. She never complained about it but it did not look good. So I looked online and read about it and I read that hives usually happen to small children when they are sick.It said to give her Benedryl and it should be fine.

She kept breaking out for about a week and every time I would give her some Benedryl and watch it go away. The worst outbreak happened at the Temple while we were at Keffords brothers wedding. She was simply covered and I didn't have the medicine, she had to wait until we got home.

We haven't had any more outbreaks since that week and I am thankful. But I know that if it happens again it is not a huge deal, just something to keep an eye on plus lots of Benedryl.


Rylee had been complaining that her ear hurt and one morning she woke up really sad and upset because her ear hurt so bad. I asked her if she needed some medicine but all she wanted was a band-aid.

So put a band-aid on her ear to help her think it was better, in the meantime I called my friend Camille and she told me all I needed to do was put a couple of drops of Hydrogen Peroxide in her ear a couple times a day. I did that for two days and it worked! Rylees ear was better and i didn't have to dish out a ton of money for the Doctor and medicine. Rylee kept the band-aid on for a couple days more because in her heart that is what cures all owies!