Friday, February 19, 2010

Double Digits!

Kenedy is now 10. She is officially out of the single digits forever! She has been very excited for this day and would randomly comment on this being the last time I will do this as a single digit. It has been kinda cute and I am glad that she has been looking forward to being 10!

I asked Kenedy what she wanted for her birthday dinner and I was a little bit nervous about her response. I was already making chicken noodle soup for a friend who just had a baby and I was hoping Kenedy would be ok with that because I did not want to make two different dinners. But of course she didn't want chicken noodle soup she wanted...pizza! And not homemade pizza either..phew..that was doable and very easy. So Kefford brought home pizza, I made a salad and threw the leftover jello onto the table, a very quick and easy meal for the birthday girl. That soup did smell divine so before delivering it I took out a little bit, put it in a bowl and stashed it so I could have it the next day. :0)

Now it was time for the presents. Kenedy is at the age where she is getting hard to shop for. We just had Christmas and so i felt that the toy part of things had been covered. What she really needed and wanted were new clothes. She is sooo hard to buy clothes for. The clothes I pick out and buy are totally cute and stlyish but they hang in her closet only to be worn once or twice. So what I did was get some cash hid them in envelopes around the house and sent her on a hunt.

I was a little concerned about how she was going to react to this especially since the whole christmas screw-up and so I had a little talk with her before hand. I informed her that if she cried or showed any negative reaction to her presents that I was never going to get her anything ever again. She told me later that she thought I was going to give her another trip to California after that speech. hahaha

But she loved this hunt for presents idea of mine and liked the clues and the search. She kept all of my cute little rhymes and I have to say I was pretty proud of them.




She got a grand total of $50 to spend on clothes. She was really happy with her fan of money!

Kefford had ordered a Family Feud WII game that I forgot about so it wasn't wrapped jusy still in its box. She liked that too.

Kenedy didn't have a cake design idea and I was happy because I had this cute idea in my head. It panned out exactly how I pictured it looking and Kenedy really liked it!


I think Kenedy had a great birthday. I love this oldest child of mine and think she is getting more beautiful as the years go by!

5 things I love about Kenedy:
1. She is getting to be a really good pianist and enjoys playing.
2. She has inherited my love of reading and always has a book in her hands. Her favorite books?..The BabySitters Club series, I loved these books growing up and it is fun to see her doing the same.
3. She is kind to everone around her. I always hear from people how much they love being around Kenedy and how loving she is. I really appreciate that and hope she always stays the nice girl. Her teacher tells me that everyone in class loves Kenedy and they all want to sit with her.
4. I think it's funny whenever she calls me on my cell phone she will say "Hi Mom it's me, Kenedy". It makes me laugh every time she does it but I would be sad if she stopped. I think it is so cute!
5. She always says her personal prayers most times without me reminding her. I love when I see her kneeling by her bed in prayer when I havn't reminded her.

Kenedys favorite things:
color: turquoise and lime green
food: spaghetti
candy: reeses peanut butter cups
subject in school: reading
book: Babysitters club series
friend: Maggie Howell, Natalia Giauque and Lauryn Warner
chore: vacuuming
church song: Love is spoken here
song: Tear drops on my guitar by Taylor Swift
place to go: dairy queen
being 10: DOUBLE DIGITS
season: summer
day of week: friday and monday. Monday weekend is over and friday the weekend starts.