Monday, November 3, 2008

funny stories and pumpkin carving

A funny story: My Mom used to make a certain kind of muffins called Mormon Muffins. They are really yummy and very healthy, made with, among other things, 10 grain cereal and buttermilk. I finally got all of the ingredients to make these muffins and I made them Sunday morning, forgetting until I was done that it was fast Sunday. But that's OK the little kids can eat them and I will try one later on. As I was making them the time came to pour in the buttermilk which I did, noticing that I did not have quite an entire quart. For those of you who know how I cook you know that this would not bother me one bit, I just make do. So I finished and the little kids ate them with Ryker telling me how delicious they were..good kid! SO later on in the day Kefford comes in the kitchen asking where his egg nog is. "Its in the fridge" I told him. "No its not" was his reply. So I opened the fridge to show him and then I paused....Oh, that's the buttermilk, so then, I guess I used the egg nog in my muffins! Oops..HAHAHA. I think the time change had an impact on me, that and being woken up at 6:00 by a poop covered Rylee. Yeah it was gross and yes it was all over her and her bed. But you know those muffins really taste quite good.Next time I will use the buttermilk and then decide which is better!


On Friday the kids did not have school so we spent the afternoon carving pumpkins. Well I carved and they watched. I did have them draw a design on the pumpkin and then I cut it following the design the best I could. I tried to get them to help clean the guts out which they kind of did. Kenedy kept smelling the insides saying out good it smelled, Ryker was getting grossed out putting his hand inside, he said it felt like brains. At one point I overheard him saying..."die brains, die"! Yeah he is crazy! Avynlea just watched and got in everyones way and Rylee slept through the entire thing. Enjoy our pumpkin carving pictures!



even though she was sleeping I did carve out a little pumpkin for Rylee. Here she is inspecting it!




Ryker, Avynlea and Kenedy anxious to trick or treat but humoring Mom and posing for a picture first!



"Die brains, Die!"