Saturday, November 15, 2008

Avynlea had some excitement today

Warning:This post has some pretty graphic pictures which are not for the faint of heart. If you cannot handle it then don't look!
So Kefford and I were inside the house watching the BSU game when Avynlea came inside crying and holding herself. I told her to calm down and quickly run to the bathroom because it seemed obvious to me that she had to go. As she was walking away I noticed two little spots on the back part of her thigh. "Hmm, weird" I thought. She came out a couple seconds later and said she did not have to go to the bathroom. As she turned around I noticed more spots on the back of her jeans. I pointed them out to Kefford and after checking the back of her leg we saw this...
Turns out she was outside playing on her Daddy's motorcycle. She knows she is not supposed to but she was doing it anyway. So I think that as she was jumping down her leg caught on the foot peg and cut open. The weird thing was her jeans did not tear at all! So I took her to the emergency room where she got these...
Six big stitches! Poor baby, but she was very brave and the Dr was very impressed. I could hear her telling other Dr's how brave my little girl was. Avynlea just layed there and watched spongebob while the Dr did her thing. She did tell me it hurt a couple times but I was good at keeping her distracted. The Dr. said that Avynlea must have felt the last stitch because she jerked and said it hurt. After we got home Avynlea had this happen for her...
Ryker tucking her in and taking care of her. In fact he is out right now with Kefford buying her a treat with his own money. He is such a good big brother!