Monday, November 24, 2008

child welfare is going to knock on my door any minute!

I already told you all about Avynlea's accident that happened last Saturday, let me fill you in on what happened a week later! This past Saturday I had to take Rylee into see her Dr. She has been dealing with a rash on her legs for a couple months now. I have taken her in twice before to get it looked at, the first time I was told it was just an irritation from her diaper and to saturate it with Aquafor. I did and it did not get better, the rash started to grow. So I took her in a second time and he said that it could be a fungus and he prescribed me some medication. I was also told that it could take 4 weeks for this stuff to work and that I needed to be patient. So I started her on the cream. After a little over a week her rash continued to grow and get worse until it started to look like this...
I took her into the Dr again and finally she said that it was a bacteria infection and gave me a prescription for some anti-bacterial medications. After two days of being on that stuff I am already seeing it look a little bit better and am cautiously confident that it will be OK.
Last night I was on the couch reading, Kefford was doing something with the TV and Kenedy and Ryker were rolling around wrestling on the floor. All of a sudden I heard a loud scream and I looked up to see Kenedy holding her head and Ryker crying in agony on the floor holding his leg. Kenedy seemed to be OK so we focused on Ryker. This kid was in some serious pain and could not get up to walk. Kenedy said that she was turning a flip and he jumped on her and landed on her head. We looked at his leg and did not see any signs of bruising, swelling or broken bones, so we gave him an ice pack and made him rest on the couch. For the rest of the evening Ryker could not walk, when he tried he cried out in pain. Kefford and I thought to give him a night to rest it hoping that in the morning he would be fine. Well much to my dismay when we woke up this morning there was no change. He was still in a lot of pain and walking was out of the question. So Kefford took him to the Dr and he returned looking like this...

yup the kid went and broke his leg on Kenedy's head. The bone was not broken in half just the back part of it was broken. So right now we are waiting for a call from the orthopedic surgeon to tell us a time to come in so he can look at it and most likely cast it.
So you can see that with three pretty badly hurt kids in one week, why I am waiting for child welfare services to come knocking on my door!