Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Follies

*I Voted*


I wasn't going to post anything about today because I think everyone knows how important today is and anyway this blog is about my family and not about sharing politics. No offence to those who do share politics I just didn't want to. But I happened to have a funny thing happen today while I was voting, and so, for today, i will let this be about politics (kind of) and not about my cute and adorable kids.

A funny thing happened at the voting booth. I picked up my ballot and went to the last voting booth on the left, right next to a nice looking old man. I placed my ballot in front of me and proceeded to give it the once over. Just to take a breath and not let my voting nerves get to me. As I was reading it I suddenly got a BIG case of the giggles. I know, probably not the most appropriate considering where I was at and all but you tell me that not a single one of you would have done the same thing if you saw what I saw. In casting a vote for Governor or Senator or something (I really can't remember which) I saw this...
Pro-Life(formally known as Blankity, blank(i added the blankity, blank cause I cannot remember his former name))
This guy was so serious about this issues that he had his name changed just so we all understood what he believes in!! Now do you blame me for getting the giggles. The bummer side about all of this is that I had no one to giggle and make fun with. I tried engaging the old man next to me but he gave me a disapproving side glance and hugged his ballot closer to his body. Probably thought I was trying to cheat,well maybe I was! Next time all of you have to come voting with me so that I will not be alone with my giggles. Cause who wants to giggle alone?