Wednesday, November 19, 2008

best cookies ever!

My friend Brooke makes the best sugar cookies ever. She is also my visiting teacher and I always look forward to February because she brings me heart shaped sugar cookies. You know those sugar cookies that the bakery sells? The ones that are really soft and yummy? These are even better! I finally got around to asking her for her recipe and Avynlea and I made them the other day. I was so excited, the recipe was so easy and they turned out GREAT! So good that I had a major selfish moment. I was babysitting Beau and Bailey yesterday and Beau came in and asked if they could take some cookies home. In my greed I told him no because I had to save them for something. Yeah that something was me ! I just did not want to share my precious cookies. I felt bad later and am making some more today so that I can give him a bunch to take home. (I am babysitting them again). So I am going to include the delicious recipe so that you all can make them and then invite me over for some! But I will give you fair warning...these cookies could cause you too to have feelings of greed and selfishness come over you, but don't worry it will pass and you will be back to your normal Molly Mormon persona before too long...just like me :)!!!

Sugar Cookies 375 degrees for 10 minutes
1 pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
1/2 t vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 t baking soda
**Beat first four ingredients until creamy. Add flour and baking soda. Chill 1 hour.
Avynlea posing with her cookie. She was in charge of the sprinkles until I saw how sprinkle crazy she got! (Notice her lovely outfit of the day? She was quite proud of it!) Today's lovely outfit! I swear I could dedicate every day to Avynlea and her crazy outfits!