Monday, December 1, 2008

our thanksgiving

My little sister Ashleigh and little brothers Joshua and Andrew drove down from BYU to have thanksgiving with us this year! (as soon as Josh emails me the pictures I can post pictures we took together up here) (get on it Josh!) We went to Keffords parents house and while we were there Keffords Dad introduced them to everyone else like so..
"So that's Darrell, and that's his brother Darrell, and that's their wife!"
Clearly he was joking and we all got a little chuckle over it. Well we were sitting at the table eating dinner when Grandma Marge turns to Ashleigh and asks her how long they have been married. I started laughing and told her that Bob was just kidding and that they were all my siblings. She is too funny!
So I did not get any pictures of us eating but I did get a couple of us shooting skeet later that day.
Joshua watching Andrew and Kefford take a shot!
Here I am taking a shot and guess what...I hit the very first one I aimed at! Yeah that's right my first time hitting the little clay pigeon! I was actually disappointed when I saw it explode because I thought someone else shot it. I turned to everyone else who was holding a gun to question who it was and they all told me the same thing..it was me!! Well of course I had to do my victory cheer which Alison caught on camera so maybe someday I can post that in here too. Happy days for me. (by the way that was my one and only hit. I should have quit with that one then I could have had 100%! Ha ha ha!
Rylee was not at all happy about being left inside. So nice Grandma Alison wrapped her in a jacket and brought her outside with her. After a couple minutes Rylee took the jacket off and left her bare toes exposed. When we tried to put it back on her she had a fit. Crazy kid was not cold! (Amberly, maybe she is one of your hot and sweatys!)
We had a great thanksgiving and were happy we could be with family. I love Keffords family and am grateful for all they do for me and my little family. I could not have asked for better in-laws!
(By the way..Karli, I hate that you guys were at your house all alone for thanksgiving. I know you had a good day anyway but sheesh girl you live a mile down the road and we are family I would have loved to have had you there to visit with! Don't let that happen again)