Thursday, May 11, 2023

Wedding Practice and Bachelorette Party

Emily had the great idea to go to the Temple before all the wedding madness started and Emily, Ashleigh, Mom and I were able to go Thursday morning to do inititories. It was so fun to be in the Temple with my Mom and sisters and while I wish it would always be like this I do appreciate the together time more because this isn't the norm. 
Avynlea got her Graduation Cap and Gown and tried it on for all of us, she is so cute and it is hard to believe that she is so close to Graduating High School!
Tylers Mom came and picked up the Arbor so they could start decorating it and it was nice to meet her. She had her brother and his wife with her to help which was nice. We are doing the wedding and reception at the Coombs house, they were in the Linder ward with us and have since moved to a beautiful house up in Hills Dale. They have a beautiful view and it is a really great location for a wedding. A couple of weeks ago Brinn Coombs called to let me know she was recently diagnosed with Cancer but she still wanted us to use their property, she just wanted to let me know she was not going to be able to help with anything. I am grateful she was still willing to let us use her house but really sad for her and her family and hope that she will be ok. She and her husband were not able to do much yard work and they had someone mowing their lawn but they were concerned about their flower patch that was just weeds. Kefford and Rylee went on Saturday to clean it all out and on Thursday I went with most of my siblings, everyone but Joshua who hadn't arrived yet, to buy flowers and then we went and planted them in her flower area. I should had gotten pictures but we were so busy it didn't cross my mind. With so many hands to help the planting went super fast. Tyler's family was just finishing up the Arbor which looked fantastic and were talking about wanting to go eat. My family was hungry as well so I suggested all of us going to Idaho Pizza Company for their pizza lunchtime buffet. That was met with approval and off we went.
IPC in Eagle has a big room for larger groups and nobody was using it so we were able to go in there. Me and my family sat at one table and Tylers family sat at another table. I went back and forth so I could get to know them a little bit more and Tylers brother Caulin was very talkative and wanted me to tell him all about myself. The last thing an introvert wants to do is talk about themselves so I felt very uncomfortable and awkward but I tried my best. As we were getting ready to wrap things up Stephanie who had already left came rushing in saying she and Anthony needed to take Jeremy to the emergency room. Stephanie was acting very dramatic about this and we were concerned. She said Jeremy was having really bad stomach pains and was not doing well. Jeremy is not one to complain or draw attention to himself so we knew he had to be feeling really bad. As we were leaving we thought to have Andrew and Alec go to the emergency room so they could give Jeremy a blessing. Alec was already there with his Dad and Emily dropped Andrew off. I had Mom, Heather, Ashleigh and Erin in the car with me and as we were waiting at the stoplight I suggested saying a prayer. Mom said the prayer for Jermey and she got a little teary saying it which made the rest of us get a little teary. 
When Jeremy and crew got back we learned that he had a hernia that had pushed through his muscle and was the cause of the pain. The Dr pushed it back in and told him to not do any heavy lifting and that he needed to take it easy. We were glad he was ok and it wasn't anything worse. Andrew had mentioned later that while giving the blessing he felt so much love and he has never felt the Spirit stronger, he teared up while telling us and I am so glad that he had such a good experience. I hope Jeremy was able to feel that love and the Spirit as well.
That afternoon Kenedy had her bridal party come over to practice how they were going to walk and the timing. Most of the groomsmen were not there yet and we were missing one Bridesmaid I think but we were able to get it figure out and had some extras on hand to help us out.





Avynlea put together a bachelorette party for Kenedy that night and she did a great job. She had yummy food, fun games to play and everyone had a good time. Before the food and games we had glint permanent jewelry come and everyone got permanent jewelry. Because I was hosting the ladies had told me that I would get $25 off whatever I bought. Once it was done they ended up giving me $55 off which was a free bracelet because ewe had so many people get jewelry and we brought them a ton of business. I was paying for me, Avynlea and Rylee to get a bracelet so I was excited to get one for free. It was a good time. Having  so much of my family here means it is very crowded and loud and I love every minute of it, seriously it makes me so happy!






Avynlea bought cheap plastic necklaces for the girls to wear and towards the end of the night I noticed it was coloring their necks pink. We had a good laugh about it and a little bit of a panic wondering if it was a stain that was going to be hard to get out but luckily we were able to use some baby wipes and get the color off.