Monday, May 8, 2023

Elder Peterson Week 86

This past week has been awesome. Elder Green is down to work hard, so it's been a good busy week. It's getting hot too...

We've done a lot of finding to increase our teaching pool and it's been steadily improving. We met a guy named Chris last week who told us that we can come back to talk some more yesterday. The conversation led to prayer so we went with that. We talked about prayer and he confided that he doesn't really know how to pray. We shared some scriptures with him and I wrote an outline for him on a piece of paper. He also asked why are there so many churches in the world and we almost dropped dead from excitement. We challenged him to pray about it and try to think of an answer for himself and then we'll come by tonight to share what we know. He accepted and we are super excited to see him tonight.

On Saturday we did some service for a member in our ward. The whole district showed up (8 of us) and we tore down their garage so they can build an RV garage. I should have taken pictures, because we were there for at least 5 hours and we completely took it apart. It was super fun demo. Lots of brick smashing.

By the way, if you noticed the font change, it's because I copied some of that from my journal and the font has just stayed in Times New Roman. Oh well.

Honestly, I don't know what else to write, so I guess it's going to be another short one. I will share that I was studying about fasting yesterday and I learned some cool stuff, ya'll should take an opportunity to learn more about it. It made my fast yesterday much more meaningful and I feel very spiritually refreshed.

Sorry again for the short email, I hope ya'll have a great week. I'll have more to share next week for sure.

-Elder Peterson


That's our district leader with the Lego clone wars helmets.

Also, that's a terrible picture of that dirtbike. I was talking to the guy about it and I kid you not, for 5 minutes straight he was trying to convince me to ride it. That was probably the hardest "no" I've ever spoken. I was trying to explain that it's against our rules and that I don't want to risk anything happening to me or the bike. He was super persistent though. Man, I really wanted to ride it...