Monday, May 22, 2023

Elder Peterson Week 88

   I quote that for the subject because I've been thinking about obedience a lot lately. There's too many people that think finding loopholes is fine or that  occasional disobedience is fine. It is forgivable, but if we are to become like Jesus Christ our very nature must change and we must become strictly obedient to every commandment. The world tells us that we are weird and abnormal when we do this, but God's people are a peculiar people. Exodus 19:5 "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine." Forget the flimsy trends of the world and put on the armor of God, walking with and as Jesus Christ. 


     We've had a very productive week, and I strongly believe that we had things to do because we've been tightening up on rules. Donald has been progressing very well and his friend has started joining in on lessons. Donald has committed to get baptized as well. Initially it was for the 3rd of June, but he's going to have some surgeries, so tonight we moved it to the 10th. They both came to church yesterday and loved it. Ray is pretty knowledgeable in the Bible, I was impressed with him during Sunday School. We also had our friend Danny show too. Which is awesome, because the guy is in a wheelchair (because he doesn't have feet anymore) and actually has an excuse that's almost valid. He came and loved it. It was great.

    We went out last night to do some finding and it turned into a strange night. We didn’t come across anyone who wanted to learn more about our message, but we did meet an old guy who seemed like he was going to bash us until he realized that we are christian. He also showed us the stitches on his hand from where a cat bit him. Hmm. 
     Then, later, we had this random guy on a go-kart pull up next to us as while we were walking and he started talking to us. 15 minutes later, we left. The dude was literally crazy. He was telling us that the bible we read from is wrong and that we need to get the bible that has a zipper. Some stuff about fish falling from the sky and that Jesus is 4 different races and that the United States actually has 100 states. Oh, and some stuff about bread made from corn. He said it’s all in the bible though. I asked where in the bible and he just kept rambling. It was actually pretty funny. These two dudes on horses trotted by while he was ranting and I just about pinched myself. I thought I must have been dreaming. Wacky stuff.

That's all I've got though... 

Y'all are awesome! Have a good week!

-Elder Peterson

Here's some pictures from our zoo trip today. Also a landfill that looks like a normal hill and really made me miss mountains.