Saturday, May 20, 2023

Elevated Dance Spring Recital

Almost immediately after Seminary Graduation I had to go to Boise for the Elevated Dance Project Spring Recital. I had such a fun year with these kids and love them so much. I probably say this every year but the end of the dance year is so bitter sweet. I love watching them perform on stage to see how far they have come but I also know I won't be seeing most of these kids again and that makes me sad. 
This year the ballet was "A Mid-Summer Nights Dream" and my class were magical dancing trees. I wasn't thrilled with our assignment but the dance I choreographed rocked and the girls costumes were really pretty, I was also relieved that they didn't have nay weird head pieces, I was really nervous about that.
l-r: Kaylie, Italia, Scarlett, Blakeslee, Violet, Emily, Bethany, Decklyn, Angel, Elizabeth, Madeline and Simon

After the ballet my tiny tots class got to perform their dance and I ws so grateful they were first to go. They danced to "Rainbow Connection" and were so cute, I loved this group of littles and will miss the ones I won't have next year. 

l-r: Katherine, Aiden,Elizabeth, Arina, Laine, Poppy, Hayden, Ella and Madeline

After the tiny tots my Kinderfstars performed their tap-dance to "Great Balls of Fire". Their costumes were perfect and they did such a great job on stage, I couldn't have asked for better and I am so proud of all of these sweet dancers.
back row l-r: Kaylie, Italia, Scarlett, Madeline, Elizabeth, Simon and Bethany
bottom row l-r: Angel, Decklyn, Violet, Blakeslee and Emily

I loved having Simon in class this year, I have had his big sister Kate the past couple of years and it was fun to have Simon. He was a talker and talked a lot but loved giving me hugs and telling me I love you, such a sweet little angel of a boy.
I only had dances in the first recital and it was nice to be able to get done and leave without staying so late. Stephanie had to stay for the second show but we got a picture together before I left, I really love her and am so grateful for her and our friendship.