Sunday, February 6, 2022

Disney Trip Day 4: Mom's Birthday and Flying Home

 Sunday morning we got up, got dressed in our church clothes and headed out to Riverside to go to church with Heather. Mom is still recovering from her Hip surgery so she watched church at home. After sacrament meeting we left to go spend time with my Mom and when we got there we saw that Stephanie and Erin were also there. My Mom's birthday was the next day and when Ashleigh found out we were going to be there we planned to  celebrate mom's birthday with a lunch after church. We brought chips we had bought at the store the previous day and Ashleigh brought sub sandwiches she got from Walmart and everyone else brought sides. Jeremy and JayLynn were also there as well as Ashleigh and her family and MaryBeth and Adam and the previous mentioned family that were there when we got there. I had some fun playing with Atticus and taking pictures on my phone making funny faces.

I wasn't sure what to get my Mom for her birthday and Rylee suggested making her a pillowcase out of the fabric I had printed with images of her and Dad. I loved the idea and was able to make the pillowcase in a couple of hours. I gave her that and a bag of Dove's Dark Chocolate and she seemed to like her gifts. We had lunch and cake with family and after visiting for a bit we had to get going to get back to the airport to fly home. It's good that my family has me because I am the picture taker in my family and I always try to make sure to get a big group picture and this day was no different. I also got pictures with some of us and my Mom which makes me happy.
Adam, Jeremy, Avynlea, Heather, Ashleigh, Abigail, Andrew Brown, Jaylynn, Rylee, Stephanie, Mom, Atticus, Kenedy, MaryBeth, Erin, Elizabeth and Kefford

Grandma Bonnie and Kenedy and Rylee

Heather, Ashleigh, Abigail, Mom, Avynlea and Elizabeth
Everyone had to try to sneak into my picture with Mom so I let them and then had one taken with just me. :)
WE headed back to the airport and dropped off the rental car we picked up Saturday morning. A shuttle took us to the airport and we said goodbye to Kenedy and then met up with Kelseys family to wait for our flight home. 
Some of the group spent time watching a video on Avynlea's phone while a smaller part of the group passed the time reading books. I sat with Brit and visited and talked about our day and about the fun we had on this trip.
It was a really fun trip and the next day after arriving home I was ready to go back. I love Disneyland and it is even more fun going with family who have never been and experiencing the fun and magic through their eyes. Brit had been once before in High School but the others have never been and that was fun. I am also glad that we were able to take a little time to see my family, any chance I have to be with my family I am going to take and it was good to spend half a day with them.
I hope that there are more Magical Disney trips in our future and am game to go back any time!