Friday, February 4, 2022

Disney Trip Day 2: Disneyland

Day 2 at the parks! Today we were hitting up Disneyland, for breakfast we went to Dennys because in getting dinner the night before we discovered it was the cheaper option. This time we had Heather and Kenedy with us so every ride we went on instead of saying 12 in our group we said 14. I thought the best course of action would be to head over to Rise of the resistance first thing because that ride is super popular and the line is crazy long. It seemed most everyone had the same idea because once the rope dropped at 8 their was a huge crowd of people heading the same way we were. As we were passing through New Orleans Square I heard an employee saying he didn't know why everyone was heading to Rise since it didn't open until 9. At that point I realized we would have to wait an hour in line just for it to open and judging from the crowds of people in front of us heading the same direction it would be at least another hour or two of waiting in line so I changed our plan of attack. We instead headed to The Haunted Mansion where we were able to walk right on, Pirates, where we walked right on and Indiana Jones where we hd a little wait but not a long one. After that we went to Thunder Mountain Railroad which is my favorite ride and had a little wait in line, maybe about 30 minutes. Basically did all 4 rides before Rise even opened up. It was a good plan.
Kenedy took a picture of all of us on our Pirates boat, we had enough in our group that we filled up our boat with just us.
Kelsey, Xander and Brit
Avynlea, Elizabeth and Heather
Brielle, Tayvia, Qiana and Rylee
Kefford, Hazel, Kenedy and Asher
The last time I rode Pirates was back in November when I went to Disneyland with my sisters. It was one of the first rides we rode and I did not remember how much of a splash happens on the little drops on the ride. It was enough that it got my hair wet and I had crazy bangs for the rest of the day. Heather and I remembered that and so when the drops came we hid under her jacket so our hair would don't get wet. Avynlea who was sitting next to me was shoving her head under the jacket saying "Make room for me!". It was pretty funny and we were very successful in keeping dry this time around. Splash Mountain was closed for renovations so we did not have to worry about getting wet on that ride...success!

It was at this point that I lost my ride buddy, Hazel upgraded to the newer, shinier version of me and latched onto Kenedy and became her ride buddy, it was fun while it lasted. 
The Indiana Jones ride split us into two groups and as our group was leaving Brt managed to get a couple of pictures
Elizabeth, Heather, Tayvia and Brielle
Rylee, Kenedy, Hazel and Qiana

I kept watch throughout the morning on how long the line for Rise was and when it was at its lowest, wait time 70 minutes I said we might as well head over and get in line, I didn't think it was going to get any better. 
Having already experienced Rise of the Resistance Heather and I were pretty excited to watch everyone else experience the ride. It is super interactive and a really cool experience. I got a picture of some of our group looking around at all the cool things.
When we had some wait time while on the ride Hazel used Kenedy as a chair
RYlee, Asher, Qiana and Kelsey were in the car across from ours so I got a picture of them and then I tried to get a selfie of those of us in our car but could not get everyone.


Kenedy, Hazel, Brielle and Tayvia
Avynlea, Kefford, Elizabeth and Heather
That ride was just as fun as I remembered and everyone loved it as well, I am excited to bring Ryker to Disneyland after his mission so he can experience it and all of Star Wars land, he will love it!

Kenedy and her buddy Hazel
We went on Smugglers Run next, another ride in Star Wars land, and my family had fun being inside the Millennium Falcon. This ride requires a little bit of role playing but since I had done it before I knew my part was nothing and so I focused more on watching Kefford and Rylee be the pilots, and Avynlea and Kenedy be the Gunners, Heather and I were the engineers and basically had to push a couple of buttons at some point, it was more fun to watch my family have fun.

Elizabeth, Avynlea, Kefford, Rylee and Kenedy
Chewy was outside when we got out so my girls got a picture on front of where he was. They thought that was pretty fun. After Star Wars land we headed over to Fantasyland and stopped to get a snack, we all got churros and then I also got a frozen Lemonade and I got Kefford a frozen Apple Juice.

Tea cups were next and Heather and I were left out of the different ride arrangements, who was going with who, and so we were getting out own teacup but then Avynlea said to come in the one with her and Kefford. I didn't want one that would be spinning and I knew Avynlea and Kefford would be non-spinners so we ran over to theirs and literally shoved our way in. It was a tight fit, very tight but it was fun to be together and we were not using the spinner so it didn't matter that we were so shoved in there would not have been any way to use the spinner.

We did Snow Whites Adventure, Mr Toads Wild Ride and Peter Pans Flight in Fantasyland before we headed off to go on Its a Small World. On our way through we saw Aladdin and Jasmine with the Genie so we stopped so we could get a picture of Rylee with her favorite princess and then a picture with all three girls.
We got to go on the same boat for its a small world but first while we were waiting in line we saw Elsa and Ana come out on a float and that was pretty fun for everyone. We took video and cheered and they waved at us poor saps standing in line. So we got on the boat and Kefford spotted a toy car past the fence down one of the soaps while we were in line and he wanted to jump out of the boat while it was in a blind zone from the workers and grab the car. It was a challenge for him but I told him not to do it because he probably wouldn't have been caught with his luck but if he would have been caught we might have been kicked off the ride or he could have gotten in trouble somehow. I did spoil his fun a little bit but I am a rule follower and he likes to be a rule breaker sometimes. So he stayed on the boat and we peacefully rode the ride and no-one got into trouble.
Xander, Kelsey and Brit 
Kefford, Elizabeth and Heather
Brielle, Tayvia and Avynlea
Kenedy, Hazel and Rylee
I am not sure where Asher and Qiana were in the boat, they are off camera somewhere

Lots in our group wanted to ride the Bobsleds next but I knew from past experience that I do not like the jerkiness of the ride so I opted out. Heather, Brielle and Tayvia also opted out with me so we headed over to Tomorrow Land to look in the shops while we waited for them to get through the ride. 
Kenedy, Rylee and Avynlea

Once they found us after their ride we got in line for Space Mountain. My family plus Heather got to ride in the same car and we planned out our poses for the camera. Kefford is an odd duck, he wasn't sure when the camera part happened so he stayed like that for part of the ride. 
Heather and Rylee
Kenedy and Avynlea
Kefford and Elizabeth
Hazel and Kenedy

After Space Mountain it was getting to be dusk and we took a big group picture in Tomorrow Land and then as we were heading over to Jungle Cruise we stopped to take some pictures n front of the pink Castle. 
Elizabeth, Kenedy, Kefford, Avynlea, Kelsey, Tayvia, Brit, Brielle, Xander, Qiana, Hazel, Rylee and Asher



Elizabeth and Heather
After we rode Jungle Cruise Asher really wanted to go on the monorail and so we were talking about it but then Avynlea and RYlee disappeared to go buy a pickle and grapes and while we were waiting for them  Asher just started walking off so Kelsey and Brit left with their kids and we were kind of confused because no one really said anything to us, they just left. After a couple of minutes Kelsey called Kefford and apologized and said when Brit saw Asher a ways off she left to go after him so they all followed. We tried to Cath up to them at the monorail but once we heard that is was a one way trip we opted out and went our own way. We headed over to Frontierland to get dinner and to go on the Winnie the Pooh ride. You can't not go on the Whinnie the Pooh when you are celebrating a birthday because on the ride they celebrate Pooh's birthday so we celebrated Avynlea's birthday on the ride. We ate dinner at the Hungry Bear restaurant and I remember the last time we came to Disneyland with just our family we ate there and I was dissatisfied. But it was a good option so I ordered then spicy chicken sandwich and after my first bite I remembered that that was what I had ordered before and I didn't like it because it was too spicy. Darn it. I ate as much as I could and then really made a mental note so this does not happen again.
While we were eating Heather was telling a funny story that was making her and I laugh so hard, it was the hysterical we are so tired laughter and Kenedy took some video of us. I took a screenshot of the video and compared it to a picture I had of us when we were little. Some things never change and the love between sisters is forever:).
After eating and riding Winnie the Pooh we went into some of the shops and Heather found a Mermaid hat for me that I immediately knew I needed to have. It is so cute and perfect for cold Idaho winters.

Our last picture at Disneyland
Avynlea, Kenedy, Kefford, Rylee and Elizabeth

We headed over to Main Street next so we could watch the fireworks at 9 but right before they made an announcement that it was too windy and so instead they projected clips of movies onto the castle and on the shops down Main Street and we had a dance party. It was so fun and I loved every minute of it. Towards the end they had the fake snow coming down and it was perfect. Disney does it right with entertaining and making everything magical.
After the super fun dance party we shopped down Main Street a little bit and then we went into an area that had stories and artwork related to the Haunted Mansion, it was pretty interesting. After that we met back up with Kelsey's family and we headed back to our hotel. It was such a fun day and I was a little sad to see it end. I love Disneyland!