Saturday, February 12, 2022

State Cheer Competition

The week after we got back from Disneyland was State Week for Avynlea and her cheer team. They only qualified for state in one event which was sad but given how the year has gone not surprising unfortunately. SO they had a couple of practices so they could polish their Pom routine and one of the practices was Disney day. The girls were to come to the practice dressed as a Disney Character. Avynlea dressed as Cinderella and she looked super cute. In the pictures she is on the end on the right.
They were using our mats at the State Competition and the kids had to take them to the Idaho Center to help unload and get them rolled out. A picture was taken of all the kids after they got the mats laid out and Avynlea is on the floor second from the left.
Kefford and I went Saturday night to the Idaho Center to watch Avynlea perform in her Pom routine. I thought she did amazing and I thought the entire team looked great. It was the best I have ever seen them perform this routine and I was super proud of them all. After they competed we got some pictures with Avynlea and then Kefford and I left to go across the street to Walmart for a little bit to wait for awards. I just didn't want to sit through another competition watching all of the other teams perform, I have seen them all before and if Avynlea wasn't performing then I didn't need to be there.
Of course I brought Avynlea's "Fathead" with me and we had fun using it for a prop in some of our photos.



Avynlea and Natalie



Avynlea, Natalie and Paige

We got back in time for awards and Meridian did not place in their Pom routine which was a bummer. After it was all done I saw Avynlea hugging Tayci who was pulled up from JV to compete in the Varsity Show routine. I quickly ran over and had them pose for a picture for me.
I have said it before and I will say it again that I am so proud of Avynlea and how she held herself this. year in cheer. It was a really hard year for her and for the entire team but Avynlea has grown as a leader, as a teammate, as a friend and gave the girls someone to look up to and emulate. She was the best choice for Captain this year and really stepped up to the plate and did an amazing job. She made my mama heart so proud. The top picture below is the entire team and their coaches after the State championships. Avy is in the bottom row three people in from the right. And in the bottom picture it is a picture of the team before they hit the mat to do their routine. Avynlea is on the left and she is leading her team in a team prayer. I love that Avynlea is not afraid to let her Faith show and that here sh his being another great leader for her team. When Kenedy was cheering in High School she was the one to say the team prayer and I love so much that Avynlea is following in her footsteps and doing the same.