Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day




Rylee wanted a new pair of Nike Blazers for her birthday so Kefford had me take her to the mall to try a couple on so she knew what they would look like. Mallory still has a discount to Nike because of her sister who works there and she is good to share it with us so we were just trying on and not buying. after Rylee tried the first pair on I noticed that the shoes matched her sweater perfectly, so matchy, matchy.

Avynlea and Kenedy sent pictures of themselves to our group chat with their Angels/Devils on their shoulders. I sent the pictures to Ryker in my weekly email to him and he sent back his own picture with his Angel/Devil on his shoulder.

For Valentines I made the chocolate Oreo truffles that my family loves and this year I also ordered Valentine Cookies for all of them with their names on them. I also got some for Ryker, his companion and Kenedy. I sent their packages about a week ago with the cookies and other Valentine treats. 

Instead of doing a Valentine Dinner this year I switched it up and made a special Valentine breakfast for my family. I made waffles and hash-browns and had cut up strawberries and orange juice for them. I decorated the bar and had their treats and card waiting for them as they sat down to be served their special breakfast.
I had to go and teach dance after the girls left for school but as soon as classes were over I came home and Kefford, who did not have to work that day, and I went out to eat. We thought it would be easier to get into a restaurant on Valentines Day for lunch instead of dinner. Our first choice was the Cheesecake Factory but when I called they already had an hour wait so our next choice was Goodwood Barbecue and when I called them they did not have any wait time. We ate lunch and then went to Twisted Sugar a cookie and mixed sodas place because I had gift cards from Natalie Hope who gave them to me to thank me for doing her hair for Prom. Kefford got two cookies and I got a cookie and some Hot Chocolate.
When we got back I found a Valentine on my porch for me from my friend Katie Williams. It was super sweet and I felt very loved. Kefford gave me a fidget ring and a new Little Mermaid wallet for Valentines Day which I was super excited about.
Rylee came home with a rose that her friend Tayci bought for her. One of the school clubs were selling them for a fundraiser and it was sweet of Tayci to send one to Rylee. Her brother Preston bought them for her and so it had his name on it as the sender which was pretty funny. Rylee knew who it was from though and really appreciated the kind gesture