Friday, February 25, 2022

Mamma Mia

Owyhee High Schools first Drama production was the musical Mama Mia and we wanted to go watch it. Rylee did try out for it and when she didn't make it I was pretty impressed with how mature she was about it. She was bummed but she got over it pretty quick and was excited to go watch the play. Avynlea, Rylee and I met Tayci and Ashlee Olsen and Ella and Abby Eaton at the High School and sat with each other. We had so much fun with our friends watching the play and after it was over the girls asked if we could all go get ice cream. Myself, Abby and Ashlee were all down for that and so we left the High School and met back up at Reed's Dairy for Ice Cream. It was a really fun night and I was so happy to be out with my girls and my friends.

Avynlea, Rylee, Ella, Elizabeth, Abby, Ashlee and Tayci 

Basketball season is winding up and that means Avynlea's Junior year cheer season is winding up. It makes me sad that I don't have much time before she graduates and most likely will not do college cheer, so even if I am not wanting to leave the house I will always go to watch her cheer because I know that time is going to move fast. She had a couple of Basketball games that she was cheering at on Feb 21 and 24 ad I was happy to go and watch. The game is fun to watch but Avynlea is even more fun to watch and I will never get tired of watching her cheer.
I was washing and cutting some strawberries on the 24th that I bought at Fred Meyer and I pulled one out and found a feather stuck to it. It grossed me out so much that I had to put it down and walk away. I took a picture and sent it to my family to get their opinion on if it was still safe to eat the berries and they all agreed that as long as they were rinsed good it was not a big deal.

On February 25th Owyhee was playing in the Districts Tournament and Rylee, Kefford, Avynlea and I went to go watch the game. Avynlea is not a fan of Owyhee because it is her schools, Meridian Highs,  rival but she was good to come and watch the game and support Rylee who does attend Owyhee. It was a good game that they played against Eagle but Owyhee ultimately won the Districts Championship which was exiting. I sent info about the game to Ryker and since it was a lot to type out I am going to copy and paste what I wrote to him about the game..
At the districts championship game,it was Eagle and Owyhee playing for the win and the Eagle student section started it by saying "Rocky's Reject's", so Owyhee says "We beat Rocky" to which Eagle says "We beat Owyhee" (referring to the last time they played against each other I would assume) so Owyhee retaliates by saying "We beat Meridian" (Again assuming because Meridian beat Eagle in their last match up). I don't remember if they stopped at this point or if Eagle said "Let's play Football '' referring to how bad Owyhee's football season was. I know it was said at some point I just can't remember when it was said. Kefford didn't get to the game until halftime because it was a Baker day and so at the end of the game he thought it unnecessary for the Owyhee student section to chant "We beat Eagle '' when they won. I told him that Eagle started it clear at the beginning of the game by chanting "Rocky's Rejects" and he said oh ok, hahaha.