Thursday, February 3, 2022

Disney Trip Day 1: California Adventure

At the beginning of January Kelsey and Brit told us they were wanting to plan a Disney trip with their kids and asked if we would want to go with them. Of course that was a huge yes but the problem was they wanted to go the end of January and Avynlea had a cheer competition so that would not work for us. We through out a couple dates that could work with us but their time was not too open just like ours. I finally figured out that we could do the first weekend of February because that was the only weekend that Avynlea did not have a cheer competition and Brit and Kelsey could do that weekend as well because he didn't;t have ward conferences starting up that weekend, so we set the date! 

We left after school on February 2, Avynlea's birthday. I knew it could be a bummer that we couldn't celebrate her birthday like we normally do and we had to rush things but she was getting to go on a Disney trip so I figured she wouldn't be too upset about it. We met Kelseys family at the airport and we took a direct flight to LAX, that was nice to have a one and done flight. Normally when I go to California I have to fly with a layover because Boise does not fly direct to Ontario which is the airport closest to my Moms.
We told our flight attendant that it was Avynlea's birthday and it seemed every time he came by with snacks and drinks that he was asking me her name again. At the end of the flight as we were landing he asked her name one last time and then asked if it would be ok if he announced it was her birthday. I said of course and after all of his landing speech he announced that it was her birthday and we all cheered for her. it was a lot of fun and Avynlea loved it.
We all packed only carry on so when we landed we were able to grab our stuff and head outside to wait for the shuttle we had ordered. We had too many people for one shuttle so we had two, Kelseys got to the airport and they left first but we were not too far behind and we actually got to our hotel first because our driver took a better route. We stayed at the Camelot hotel which was right across the street from Disneyland which was awesome. By the time we got to the hotel it was past dinner time and everyone was pretty hungry. McDonalds was right next to our hotel so Kelsey and Kefford went over to get us all some food and we hung out with Brit and her kids in their room. They were watching Harry Potter which was pretty funny because that is what was on TV while we were in Hawaii eating out dinner in the condo. After we ate we made a plan for breakfast and when to meet up and then we left to settle in for the night.

The next morning was Thursday Feb 3 and we met at about 6:30am to walk over to ihop for breakfast. It was super convenient having restaurant options in walking distance to our hotel. Because we had so many people we had a kids table and an adult table, Avynlea took a selfie with her kids table and then Brit got one with all of them in it.
Avynlea, Tayvia and Qiana take a bathroom selfie


When we were making our reservations for this trip I wanted Kenedy to be able to come with us but she wouldn't be bale to leave until Thursday night so she was going to miss a day. I asked her she could only go with us to one park so which one did she want to go to and she said Disneyland. When I booked the tickets I bought California Adventure for Thursday and Disneyland for Friday so first up for us was California Adventure. I wanted to get there early enough so that when the park officially opened we could get in line for Soarin, its my favorite ride and it must be most peoples favorite ride becuas eat Eline is always crazy long. The park opened at 8 and we got there at about 7:30, I thought they would do the rope drop that Disneyland does but we were able to walk in and head straight over to get in line for Soarin. By the time the park opened we walked right in and on the ride.

Rylee and Avynlea

I am not familiar with California Adventure like I am with Disneyland so I made sure to get a map so I could see where we needed to go throughout the day. Turns out I didn't really need it because I had a mad on the Disney App on my phone. Xander got himself a map was well which was fun for him to have and keep.
While we were waiting for 8:00 Avynlea took some pictures of her cousins with my phone. Not the most flattering but they all got a kick out of them.
Qiana and Brielle
Hazel

I mentioned to Brit that I was bummed after we got back from Hawaii and I realized we didn't get any pictures of our families together so we set out on this trip to make sure we do. Avynlea took a fun selfie of some of us while we were waiting in line.
Kefford, Elizabeth and Brit
Asher, Brielle, Qiana, Avynlea, Tayvia and Rylee
 
Once we got on the ride I got a picture with Kefford and then Brit was sitting on the other side of me so I got a picture with her as well. Soarin uses scents as part of the ride and because of Corona virus we have to wear masks while inside the buildings at the theme park but I told everyone to take theirs off so they could enjoy the smells. I smelled the cherry blossoms and the dirt of the wild Wild West the most.
Kelsey, Avynlea, Brielle and Rylee

After the ride which everyone loved we headed to go find some more fun rides. First though our first group picture was taken and then a picture was taken in front of the prop plane outside the Soarin ride.

Asher, Xander, Qiana, Brielle, Rylee, Hazel, Tayvia and Rylee

As we were heading out of the area we passed by the Grizzly Bear Run ride which is a water ride but it was closed for renovations. Rylee wanted a picture in front of the bear that was in front of the ride and Kefford got in the picture with her.

The next ride we went on was The little Mermaid Ride, there was o wait for this ride so we were able to walk right on and enjoy the fun. I got to ride it with Kefford and Rylee, thank heavens we could fit three because t was fun to be with them.

After I had Avynlea take a couple of pictures of me in front of the ride. I wore my California Adventure Ariel shirt that Heather bought me a couple of years ago and also had one of my Ariel bows in my hair. I really don't like taking pictures solo because I feel so awkward and tend to look pretty awkward. This one looks ok but the better one is the one where I am facing the other way, no awkwardness there!
Avynlea and I took some pictures in front of the classic California Adventure scenery and she definitely won for cutest picture, I look super awkward

We went on Goofy's flight school and because the line was so short a bunch of them went on it again. I watched and took some pictures of those who went around the second time.
                        Elizabeth and Avynlea                                            Qiana and Rylee
                           Brielle and Qiana                                                Asher and Kefford

Avynlea, Qiana, Rylee and Asher      Kefford and Xander

We went on the Jumping Jellyfish and that ride is pretty tame and fun for everyone.        

Hazel and Avynlea
Rylee and Qiana

As we were walking through the Park we passed the Inside out ride which was closed for renovations. This was a bummer because the previous time our family came to California Adventure this ride was being built so we have not been able to try it out yet. As we were passing by Rylee and I wanted to take some pictures with Disgust and Fear, they were the only ones we could see, and I think we did a good job impersonating them.
As we walked more we found Anger at the Hot Dog stand! Rylee and Asher posed with him and then Kefford found his hero Duke Kaboom at a Popcorn stand.
The next ride we went on was the IncediCoaster, some of the younger kids did not want to go on this ride so Brit stayed back with them while the rest of us rode. I am good to only go once, it goes upside down and I think judging from previous experiences with roller coaster that once is my limit. After we were done I said I would stay with the littles so that Brit could ride and everyone else who wanted to ride it again could go again. We were lucky that the wait was not too long.
Avynlea, Rylee
Kefford and Elizabeth

While the rest of our group was riding the roller coaster I went on the merry-go-round with the little kids. I got an animal right next to Xander.


Avynlea rode the first time with Rylee and the second time with Kefford. 
Rylee, Qiana
Avynlea and Kefford 

As we were heading off to find the next great ride we saw Mr Incredible, Avynlea and Rylee stopped for a picture with him.
We stopped along the boardwalk to take some pictures

I love Coco!

Avynlea and Rylee with Ben from Finding Dory

We made it to Cars land and we all wanted to ride Radiator Springs Racers, it was a longer line so we had to wait a bit. I was really impressed with how well Kelseys younger kids did through all of the walking and waiting. They might have been whining to their parents but I never saw it, I just saw them waiting patiently with the rest of us.

Avynlea and Rylee made sure to get pictures with all of the Maters they saw.




Kefford thought the bottles in the wall were pretty cool and I guess Rylee and Brielle like to look at each other, lol.

Once we finally got to get in our cars, Kefford and I were in the red car with Brit Asher, Kelsey and Xander while Avynlea, Rylee, Brielle, Qiana, Tayvia and Hazel were in the yellow car. At the end of the ride our two cars raced and we were the winners!

A sign just for me!

Next it was on to the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, my second favorite ride in this park. Rylee got her picture with the Statue of one of the characters form the movies, I can't remember who he is. But she wanted a picture so she got her picture.
We managed to get everyone to ride the ride and we were in the back row and half of the middle row. I was in the middle row on the left with Kefford, Avynlea and Rylee. I think everyone but the littles really enjoyed this ride.
I think this next ride we went on was the Monsters Inc ride. It was at this point that Hazel became my little ride buddy. I was standing in line when Hazel slide over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me back up to where she was standing, I asked her if she wanted me to ride with her and she said yes. It made me super happy and I loved having the time to bond with her. Kelsey and Brit as well as Kefford and Xander rode in the car with us.

Rylee was with Tayvia and Avynlea was next to Qiana

Some of ht kids wanted to ride the swings so we headed over there, I was the only adult to ride and I thought it was pretty fun.

Next up was Pixar Pal-Around also known as a Ferris wheel. You could ride swinging or non-swinging and I opted to go with the non-swinging group which included Kefford, Avynlea and Hazel. I got pictures of Rylee who rode the swinging car and got in before us non swingers. 
We did Toy Story Midway Mania next and I got pictures of Kefford and Kelsey who went on together. 
Hazel was once again my ride buddy and she had a lot of fun with this ride, she did pretty good with the shooting but I had the top score out of our entire group. Ok actually I think Asher had the top score but I had the second best score which I was pretty proud of. 
I got a picture of Brielle and Rylee who rode together. and Avynlea took a picture of her and Brielle who rode together.
I was player 2 and Hazel was Player 1


Those who didn't go on the merry-go-round wanted to go so I went along with all of them.  I rode the bench this time behind Hazel and Tayvia and it was pretty relaxing. 
At some point we stopped and got pretzels for a snack and we waited in a long line to ride the new Spiderman ride which was not worth the time we waited. We went into the animators studio as we were looking around at the shops and Avynlea got a couple of pictures in front of the Beasts fireplace.
Some of us took the Princess/Prince personality test  and Avynlea got Merida, Kefford took it but I couldn't get a picture fast enough of who he got and I took it but I didn't get a picture of my results and I don't remember who I got.



Rylee found another state to take a picture with and it was Walt Disney with Mickey Mouse. 
We left the park pretty close to closing time and we went over to Dennys for dinner. We ate a good dinner and had fun talking about our day, we made plans for meet up the next morning and then we went back to our hotel rooms for the night. Kenedy flew in this night and Heather was gracious enough to drive to LAX to pick her up and bring her to our hotel where she stayed the night with us. It was pretty crowded with 6 people in our room so Rylee stayed in with Kelseys family who had a suite, Avynlea took the chair bed and Heather shared the bed with Kenedy while Kefford and I were in the other bed. I was pretty much almost asleep when Heather and Kenedy arrived so I talked a couple of minutes with them before falling completely asleep.