Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Happy 17th Birthday Avynlea!

Avynlea's 17th birthday went a little different this year. We had planned a family trip to Disneyland with Kelsey and Brit's family and we were leaving the night of Avynlea's Birthday. Since we had to leave for the airport as soon as the girls got home from school we did all of our celebrating in the morning. I got this picture of Kefford showing Avynlea something on his phone. I am not sure what they were looking at but I thought it was a cute moment.
I got doughnuts for Avynlea's Birthday breakfast and we put candles in them so we could sing and she could blow them out.


Once that was done she got to open her presents.




She got cotton candy, Nike socks, Nike sports bra, Calico Critters Baby Airplane ride, Pepper Spray, make-up, earrings, wet brush, and a polaroid camera. she seemed pretty happy with her gifts and we all had fun watching her open them.
Paige Little put out a fun Birthday message to Avynlea on Instagram. Avynlea does not have Instagram so I took screenshots of the stories and showed them to Avy.
Ryker has permission from his Mission President to call his family members on their birthdays. He called Avynlea to wish her a Happy Birthday while we were on the plane getting ready to take off for California. It had to be a quick phone call but it was awesome that he was able to call her and that we could see him for a brief moment.


Avynlea's Favorites

  1. Food: Rice
  2. Dessert: Ice Cream
  3. Candy: all candy besides cinnamon or black licorice flavors
  4. Color: pink
  5. Book: The Work and The Glory
  6. TV Show: Vampire Diaries
  7. Radio Song: Slow Dance by AJ Mitchell and Ava Max
  8. Church Song: The Spirit of God
  9. Scripture Story: Abinadi
  10. Friend: Natalie Juarez, Janey, Ruby, Sadie, Morgan and Madison
  11. Thing to do: Eat, Sleep, Cheer
  12. Place to be: Room or on an Adventure with Friends
  13. Toy: Mini Microphone
  14. Princess: Belle!
  15. Hobbies: Cheer, work at Sodalicious and Read
5 things I love about Avynlea
1. Avynlea is just a fun kid to be around. She has a great personality and is a super enjoyable person. She is loved by everyone who meets her and gets along with everyone. I love how funny she is and I always enjoy being around her. She can make the most boring things fun and I love that about her. I just love her, she is my friend and one of my favorite people.

2. Avynlea is such a great role model for everyone she comes around. This last year she was Captain of her Cheer team, President of her Seminary class and President of her Young Womens class. She has had a lot of leadership responsibilities and she has shined in each one. She has learned a lot about being a good leader this year and has grown so much in the role. I know she has been a positive example for all those around her and has learned so many useful skills that will help her in future years. 

3. Every year Avynlea develops more in her Testimony and I love how she wants to do the right thing because she knows it is right not just because we tell her to. She is such a good example for her friends and I love that they know her standards and because of who she is respect her and her standards. Avynlea lives the Gospel every day of her life and  knows she is a Daughter of God. 

4. Watching Avynlea Cheer will never get old and I am so glad she has found something that she loves to do. She is such a good cheerleader and works hard to learn the routines and be a leader for her team. I love watching her stunt and compete and seeing her improve each year has been so much fun. 

5. I love Avynlea's self confidence. She lives her life the way she wants to and doesn't care too much what other people think of her. I think at some level everyone cares a little bit about how they are perceived and I know Avynlea does probably a little but for the most part she is good. I love her style and her attitude about life. She is definitely a good example for me and I hope someday to be more like her.