Saturday, March 28, 2020

Week 2 in Quarantine (Chalk drawing, Costco run, Avynlea starts drivers ed, Cake decorating, teddy bear hunt, McKoy comes home)

It has been announced that Quarantine is going to go longer. They are saying that schools are going to stay closed past spring break and all businesses are closed that are non-essentials. Kefford's place of business is an essential so he can still work but our dance studio will remain closed and Kenedy can't work at the YMCA for now because it too is closed. This is getting crazy and grocery stores are still having troubles keeping items on the shelf. Toilet Paper is still a hot commodity but we have a huge pack from Costco so we are good for a while. 
On Sunday, March 22, we had our first church service in our home. It was strange to get up and get Sunday dressed and then stay in our home for a church service. Rylee took it upon herself to make a program for our church service and to assign the jobs. She did a really great job except for one thing. Unfortunately we had to burst her bubble and explain why she cannot be the one presiding. We told her if she was the only one here then she could be the one to preside, I really hope that did not plant a devious seed in her mind, LOL. 
I am making it a tradition to take a family picture every Sunday until at least we get out of Quarantine, I might like it so much I can see myself making it last longer though :)
Kefford decided to stop shaving until we are out of Quarantine and it will be interesting to watch his beard progression in these weekly Sunday photos.


Later on that day the kids spent some time outside in the back yard doing chalk drawings. It was such a nice and beautiful Sunny day that Kefford and I joined them. Kefford moved Bonnie the bunny's cage back out of the garage and into the backyard. He liked getting him out and holding him for a little bit. Kefford's nickname for Bonnie is Tar Baby or T-baby because of his coloring.

RYlee spent sometime out in the back with her siblings but when she needed a break she was more then happy to come inside and read a book for a while.
The kids did shadow tracings of each other and then Kefford and I had to come out and guess who was who. It was pretty easy to see their personalities in the drawings and to figure out who each one was. It's hard to see the drawings in the picture I took but one can picture the shadow by the pose they are each doing.

Towards evening time we all took a walk around he neighborhood and it was so nice to get out of the house and be able to start doing outside stuff again. I love being with my family and Sunday walks are going to have to start being a tradition again now that the weather is nice again.

I saw this quote on Facebook and thought it was so funny. I sent it to our family group chat asking Maddie, Mallory and Anita if they were doing OK. LOL
On Tuesday AVynlea had another driving lesson and this time I had Rylee with me and while Avynlea was driving we went to Costco and got some things and then headed back to the park to walk while we waited for Avynlea. It was nice to be with just Rylee and we had fun exploring the waling trails we found.
I was able to get  a couple pictures of Avynlea driving and think it is pretty surreal that we are now to this point with her. Avynlea was supposed to have her last driving lesson on Thursday but because of th more strict stay at home order her driving instructor cancelled until further notice. It is so frustrating for Avynlea to have been so close to getting her permit, one more lesson, but now we have to wait until who knows when. So maddening! 
After the driving lesson on Tuesday I took Avynlea and Rylee over to Shanelle Hess's house for a cake decorating class. This class was offered this week being Spring Break weeks before the stay at home order and I signed Avynlea and Rylee up because I knew they would love it. Avynlea got her friends Hailey and Dreya to sign up as well and unfortunately Dreya had to cancel last minute because they had to go out of town to see her Grandpa who got really sick. Shanelle kept everything sanitized and had my girls six feet away from the other girls who were taking the class. It turned out to be just my crew and the Pollock girls which I thought was pretty funny. I dropped them off for the class and when I returned two hours later they were not quite finished so I was able to watch and take some pictures.
I was really impressed with the cute cakes they made and they couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was. I am so glad they were able to do this and hope we can have more creative fun for them in the future.

Quite often I will find random selfies Rylee has taken on my phone. I am pretty sure she is sending them to her friends whom she texts quite regularly with my phone. I am glad she has friends she wants to text with but the constant alerts got pretty annoying so I put their chat group on sleep mode. We still see the text messages coming in but the phone is not constantly alerting me which is better.
Since tumbling was one of the businesses deemed non-essential Kaeleigh is doing at home zoom classes with her athletes. I am so glad Avynlea is still able to have something to do every day to help her become a stronger athlete. She has an hour of conditioning every morning which Kenedy does with her and then in the evenings she has a flexibility class, a jump class and a drills class each on a different night. Avynlea is dedicated to her schedule and so far has been doing every class. She has been sore but I can see more strength in her and she can definitely feel a difference.
I took these pictures Wednesday morning during their conditioning class, Kenedy wasn't thrilled that I was taking pictures but I felt the need to document so it has to happen ;)
I heard about neighborhoods doing bear hunts and thought it sounded like a fun thing to do and put the idea out on our Bainbridge Babes group chat. You put bears in the windows of your houses and then kids going on walks with their Moms can be entertained by finding the bears. Initially Rylee and I put bears in her window and in the window by our front door but because the glass has a slight tint the bears could not be seen. We fixed this by putting the big bear in Ryker's pickup and the little medical bear I put on the table on our front porch. The medical bear Ryker got when he was in the hospital after his skull got cracked open. I thought it was fitting to use him since he has a surgical mask and more and more people are starting to wear one to protect against Covid-19
Because of the China virus all missionaries who have been out 21 months are being sent home, plus all foreign missionaries are being sent home regardless of how long they have been sent out to quarantine for two weeks at home with their family and then depending on how long they have been out will with be reassigned to a mission in state or will stay home and be released. Kenedy's bestie McKoy was being sent home because he reached the 21 month mark. Kenedy and I went over to his house to sign the welcome home banner his family made and while we were there his family saw us and came out to visit with us  while social distancing at 6 feet apart. 
McKoy's mom invited Kenedy to go to the airport with them to pick him up which I was not crazy about, we have this social distancing ban for a reason and I knew Kenedy would not stay 6 feet apart from them at the airport. She went anyway and sent me a picture of her with her best friend. I sent the picture to Ashleigh because ever since meeting him at her graduation they have been pro McKoy and Kenedy being an item. Kenedy has no interest in him other then a really good friend but the Brown's can hope :)
On Thursday I was filming more dance videos and instead of pushing the record button I pushed to take a picture. 
More scriptures that I have loved and highlighted. I know when Heavenly Father tells us something that we can trust Him because these scriptures tells us that He knows all things and that he cannot lie. I have had some promptings that i have struggled with because all I can see is how impossible it would be for what I felt to happen but I am working on having Faith in my Heavenly Father and to remember that he knows all and definitely knows the endgame.