Monday, March 16, 2020

Happy Birthday Rylee!

Rylee is 13! For all of Elementary school Rylee was at a modified calendar school and was always on track break for her birthday. Last year her birthday was on the weekend and Rylee was so excited that this year for the first year she would get to be in school for her birthday. Fast forward to the weekend before her birthday when it the school closures were announced starting on March 16th, Rylee's birthday. So close, yet so far, poor Rylee.
I made blueberry muffins for her breakfast and put up a little sign. I had to go into the studio that morning to film a bunch of dance videos and was worried i wouldn't get to see her before I left. Luckily she didn't sleep in and I got to wish her a Happy Birthday.
She is so cute in the morning!
For dinner Rylee wanted spaghetti and meatballs and a green salad. She is super easy to please and loves her spaghetti and meatballs! She is a lucky girl that she got to eat her breakfast on one special plate and her dinner on our other special plate. 

Rylee got candy, gummy worms and skittles,  and money from her Grandma Bonnie and Kenedy bought her metal reusable straws. 
She was super excited when she opened up her new DS game...Minecraft! Rylee loves playing cube life island survival on the Nintendo which is a more generic Minecraft. I think she is so happy to now have the actual game to play on her DS
She also got a Jasmine Wet Brush, calligraphy practice book, calligraphy pens, a volleyball, and a Pineapple towel.
Rylee requested an Oreo cake for her birthday and that is what she got. I baked whole Oreos in the cake then crumbled broken Oreos on top of the frosting...it was chock full of Oreos  

Rylee is my last kid become a teenager and it is crazy to think that she is this old. Stay young Rylee, stay young!

Rylee's Favorites...
  1. Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs
  2. Dessert: Oreo Chocolate Cake
  3. Candy: Skittles
  4. Color: Blue
  5. Friend: Tayci Olsen, Ella Eaton, Tayci Price
  6. Scripture Story: When Nephi builds the ship
  7. Primary Song: Praise to the Man
  8. Radio Song: Fire Flies by Owl City
  9. Book: The Maze Runner Series
  10. Movie: Little Women (2019 version)
  11. TV Show: Phineas and Ferb 
  12. Thing to do: Read, Swim
  13. Place to go: CALIFORNIA!!
  14. School Subject: Reading and Writing
5 Things I love about Rylee
  1. Rylee loves giving gifts and she loves picking out and paying for those gifts herself. She is kind and generous and really loves to shop for people. I love that every Christmas she wants me to take her to the Dollar store so she can buy gifts for us all. She likes to give gifts but she also likes to be frugal ;) She loves buying gifts for her siblings for their birthdays and is very thoughtful about it and picks things she knows they will like. She is also always super excited to buy gifts for Kefford and I for our birthdays and for Mothers Day and Fathers Day. I love her generous spirit.
  2. Rylee had the goal to earn her Young Womens Medallian before the end of 2019 and she crushed it! I am so proud of her for wanting to make that goal and for understanding the importance of why she did it. She worked hard all year and was able to earn the medallion way before the end of the 2019. It took her less then a year to accomplish this and that is impressive!
  3. I love how creative Rylee is. She hand draws cards and they always look like she copied them but she never does, she is just that good. She is also learning to do calligraphy and can write our names in a really fancy and cool way. I am just amazed with her creativity talent and wish I could be as cool as she is.
  4. Rylee has such a funny personality and is constantly coming up with one liners that crack us up. I love the goofy side of her, the excitement that just bursts out of her when she is really happy about something. She makes funny faces and has these funny bursts of energy where she is swinging herself around crazy that is just funny to watch. She is such a comedian and brings so much fun into the house!
  5. I love how thankful Rylee is. She is usually the first to thank me for dinner or thank me when I do something for all of them. She remembers to show gratitude and it helps me to want to do more for her because I know how appreciative she is. I love the notes she writes telling me thank you for something and I am so glad she does that because I cherish each and every one of them. She is such a good example to the rest of us for showing gratitude!