Friday, March 13, 2020

Wedding Hair!

On Wednesday March 11th after Kefford got home from work we left for Utah. We were staying with Dustin and Sara and we arrived at about 12:30 in the morning. I took an Advil PM right before we left and at about 9:00 I fell asleep and didn't wake up until we arrived in Spanish Fork, it was the best drive to Utah ever. Kenedy and Avynlea kept Kefford awake and entertained for the most part and I am grateful we were able to arrive safe. After a good nights sleep we woke up and visited with Dustin's family for a bit while we ate breakfast and then we headed over to American Fork to be with my family.
It was so much fun to see everyone and AVynlea took a picture of her and Amos and one of him exclaiming over one of the wedding gifts.
Kefford had Atticus for a little bit and wanted to get some pictures of him holding a knife. He thought it would be funny. Atticus really didn't have any idea what was going on but he help up the weird thing in his hand.
Breana asked me a couple of months ago if I would be able to do her hair for the wedding and I was happy to agree. She added me to her Pinterest wedding board and marked her favorite hair look. Heather, Ashleigh and Avynlea went with me over to her house that Thursday so I could "practice" the look while also at the same time get her hair ready for her Bridal pictures. 
I went into this thinking she wanted her hair like the picture she pinned but she had different ideas for the look. It took some collaboration and I redid the braids a couple of times but finally she was happy with her hair style and said she loved it. Phew
While I was doing Breana's hair Avynlea had fun playing with her bridal veil. Breana wasn't sure about wearing the veil, the color of it didn't match her dress and she wasn't sure about it being in her hair. I told her since we were using a hair vine that it didn't make any since to wear the veil and since the color was off we all vetoed the veil.
I took some pictures of her hair when I was done and I really liked how it turned out. I especially love the use of the hair vines, it looks so pretty and I love hoe it looks in her hair. 

That night when we got back to Dustin's Rylee read Evie a bedtime story. She is so sweet to her little cousins.
The next morning was Friday the 13th, also know as Breana's wedding day. After we got ready at Dustin's we headed over to Emily's where Stephanie was waiting for me to do her hair. I sent her a text a couple weeks ago asking if I could do her hair also for the wedding. I thought the Mother of the Bride needed to feel special too and I had an idea for her hair that I wanted to do. She was excited and agreeable to the idea and I was excited that morning to get to work.
After I did her hair I sent her into the bathroom to look at it and she took quite a while in there, I got really nervous and when she came out with tears in her eyes I had to make sure that they were happy tears. She said they were and she thanked me and hugged me and I knew that my mission was accomplished!
I didn't take any pictures of her hair at that point because i wanted to wait until she was in her dress and then I would take pictures of her hair outside the Temple. Unfortunately there was a wind and sleet storm right when the Sealing was done and when we all came out it was too cold, too windy and too much ice being flung into her faces for us to take any pictures at all.
 I managed to get some pictures of her hair at the reception and despite being in the elements it still looked pretty good.
I also did Heather's hair that morning and I took pictures of her hair as well at the reception. I thought the bow barrette added the sweetest touch to the braids I put in Heather's hair and was happy she had it with her.