Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 3 in Quarantine (Interfaith fast, Starting zoom dance classes, Avynlea and Kenedy work out, earthquake, zoom piano lessons and Kefford and Elizabeth date night)

Another week Another Home centered church service. It is so crazy how this pandemic is taking over the world and our lives. Kenedy was accepted as a visiting student to go to BYU for the spring and summer terms which she was really excited about. But now those terms are all online. Schools are going online and I am still doing online dance classes. I am glad that we are able to be with each other through this and I am grateful for the technology we have to be able to still keep in touch and that it is possible to do zoom meetings and have everything available online. 
Also, Kefford's beard is coming in very nicely and he still doesn't like to smile in a picture.
Because of conference this Sunday was a fast sunday and social media was blowing up with memes and quotes inviting all faiths to participate in an inter-faith fast. I love how available this is and how easy it is to share and invite all faiths to come together. This is the picture I put up on my social media with the caption "we are all in this together, so lets end it together". I am definitely not the most clever person out there and I always struggle with posting things because I never know what to say but I was pretty ok with this one ;)
I had my first round of live zoom classes with the Kinderstars and it went pretty good. Stephanie also teaches a couple of Kinderstar classes and she came to help me teach. It was nice to have another teacher to bounce ideas off of and I really enjoyed getting to know her better. She was a new hire this year and I met her briefly in the beginning but because we don't teach at the same time I don't ever have a chance to get to know her. We sat for an hour before the classs and about two hours after the class was done just talking. It was so nice to actually talk to someone face to face and we discovered we have so much in common. I am thinking I just made a new really great friend!
It was fun to see all of my littles on this zoom call and even the ones who showed up from Stephanie's classes I knew because they were in my classes last year.
Top row: Sara, Elizabeth and Stephanie, Roen
Bottom row: Hailey and Rylee and June and Kate

I don't know who took these pictures but here they are
More zoom call conditioning for Avynlea and Kenedy. They are going to be so strong and in shape when this pandemic is over. I am going to have to figure out a way to keep them working out like this every day. It is so good for Avynlea and she will be such a better more strong athlete because of it.
I got out the Easter decor and I love having this cute entry way table to put things on. I love how all of my spring items look on it, so cute.
This was another social media posting that I did, this time the caption I came up with was.."What else do you have to do this weekend? Watch and see why I can find peace through this pandemic"
The craziest thing happened! On Tuesday I was in my bedroom talking with Kefford when the house started to shake. It had been really windy that day and he said "is that the wind shaking the house?" and I said "No! That is an earthquake!!" and my instinct kicked in and I ran to the door frame and stood there until it was done. It wasn't huge and it didn't knock anything over but it  was pretty scary to me. I think because I grew up wth the scariness of earthquakes but also because this was Idaho! This is not earthquake territory! I couldn't believe it! The quake lasted a couple of minutes and then I felt two tiny after shocks later on that day that nobody else in the family felt. I think I might be more in tune with the feeling. It was crazy! 
I found I wasn't spending as much time with my family because I wasn't interested in what they were watching on the TV. I wanted to be with them but I didn't want to be bored sitting there so I had Kefford get the card table from the garage and put it upstairs in the TV room and I got a couple of my mermaid puzzles that I have had since High School to put together. I was very annoyed once I did finish them to find that they were both missing two pieces. That just irritates me. Nothing I can do about it so whatever. I am not normally into puzzles but I had fun putting them together and it helped me to be able to spend more time with my family and not be bored.
Rylee started back up with piano lessons this week and she was dismayed to learn that she had to do them through a zoom video chat. She felt super awkward about it and made me promise to not let any of her siblings in the room during that call. I did a good job keeping them out but I quietly snuck in there for a second so I could get a picture. 
I had a combo kids zoom video class on Thursday and Kristine another combo kids teacher came and taught with me. Again I loved seeing my dancers and I miss them so much. In the beginning I thought this videoing and sending stuff was un and different but dancing and teaching without any of my little dancers is not fun and it breaks my heart that I cannot be with them. Emily Young sent me video and I picture of Raegan following along to my video I sent and it made me so happy!
Top: Savannah, Kristine and Elizabeth
Bottom: Rachel, Sophia

I sent Ashleigh the youtube links of me dancing so that she could have Atticus do them and she sent me a couple of Marco Polos of him dancing but mostly watching me. It was so cute and made my heart burst with love and happiness!

Another social media posting. I love this!

Kefford and I did our date night on Friday night. We got Bundlets from "Nothing Bundt Cakes" and drove around until we found a place to stop and eat them. It ws nice to get out and just be with Kefford but it was sad not to really have anywhere to go to.  Those Bundtlet cakes are so delicious and are becoming my new treat obsession!