Monday, March 9, 2020

Manicures

I don't know what it is with my fingernails but they have been betraying me lately. I used to have really great, strong nails that would grow fast and look good and then I don't know if it has been because of Pregnancies, getting older, my diet or what but my fingernails are not what they used to be. They break easy and my pointer fingernail likes to split right down the middle. It is disappointing, heartbreaking and frustrating all at the same time.
My Niece is getting married and she asked me if I would do her hair. I was super happy to agree to it but then looked at my poor broken fingernails and thought how much easier it would be for braiding if they were longer. I had watched a home video of me and Kenedy right after I had her and there was a shot on my fingernails that made me want to cry they looked so long and pretty. So I decided after much thought to get acrylics put on. I was nervous about it because I knew they would require some upkeep but I really wanted nice fingernails for the wedding so I went for it. 
The only picture I took of them was right after she put the acrylics on, before any of the cutting, shaping and polishing and they looked crazy. I took a picture and sent it to my family and told them I got my nails done and asked for their opinions. The only one who thought I was for real leaving them like this was Ryker and he was not impressed, I believe his exact wording was "Why?". 
Avynlea and Rylee had wanted their nails done for so long and I thought it would be fun to treat them to professional manicures. They picked cute colors and had fun but I think both agreed that it was not as awesome as they thought it would be. They both realized that we could do basically the same thing at home, although having all of the fun colors to choose from was a nice perk.
We all love their fun new nail color!