Monday, November 25, 2019

Flu Shots

I scheduled my kids appointments to get their flu shots for over thanksgiving break. None of them were thrilled with the idea, understandably, but I promised them I would get them ice-cream cones after and that made it ok. 
Avynlea went first and everything was easy peasy. Ryker went second and he ended up getting three shots, his flu shot and then two other immunizations that he needed that I didn't know about. He was cool with it and took them like a champ. Rylee got hers last and she did fine as well. As we were checking out I was trying to schedule a couple of well child appointments for Ryker and Rylee when I heard Avynlea and Ryker laughing and pretending to be faint. I looked behind me and saw them telling Rylee to stop pretending so I looked at Rylee and saw that she was really pale and not focused on anything. I grabbed her arm and said "for real, are you OK?" she didn't respond and then her knees started to buckle and she dropped her book and sucker. I grabbed her around the waist and held on while saying loudly that she was passing out. A bunch of nurses came running and soon we were surrounded by help. They wanted me to lay her down on the floor so I had Ryker help me put her down. She had her eyes open but was pretty out of it and then I saw her refocus and could see that she was coming around. We had her suck a little on her sucker and then when she was able we sat her up against the wall. She slowly got some color back to her and we were able to leave. 

Things were getting a little boring so Rylee wanted to give us all a little excitement! 

After we left the office we went to Arctic Circle so I could buy them the ice cream they were promised. Rylee especially needed a good dose of ice cream to make up for all she went through. Who knew Flu Shots could be so rough?