Friday, November 8, 2019

Birthday Post

Friday November 8th RYker turned 17 and I turned 41! Yikes! 
I got up early and made funfetti pancakes for Ryker and my Birthday breakfast. I put a stack of pancakes on our Special Birthday plate for Ryker and stuck a candle in it. After a while I noticed the candle toppling over and when I went to fix it I discovered that the heat from the pancakes was melting the candle! I didn't even think that it would do that! 
This day was a pretty normal day despite it being the greatest day of the year. I had a dance meeting and I also taught my dance classes after school. Caitlin is a teacher I work with at The Dance Connection and she shares my same birthday. Holly brought cupcakes to the meeting to celebrate our Birthdays which was fun. 
At dance I found Brooke Knott so I could wish her a Happy Birthday. Brooke has been in our friday night classes since she was 5 and we discovered early on that we share the same birthday. I call her my Birthday Buddy and I love that we have this bond. Brooke is now 12 and she and Kim came into my class at the end and had me stand in a circle of all my dancers so they could chasse around me and sing Happy Birthday. Brooke then gave me a Brookie, she brought treats to share with her class and saved one for me. It was a nice time and I felt loved.
As soon as I got home I changed my clothes and got ready to go out to eat. I had Ryker open up his gift from his Grandma Bonnie which was candy and money and I Marco Polo'd it for her. I also opened up my gift from my Mom which was candy and a Red Robin Gift card. I love Red Robin and loved my present! I was a little surprised that Kefford was letting me do all of this and that he wasn't trying to rush us along. But it all made sense when Kenedy walked in the door a couple of minutes later and surprised me. She and her friend Amy came home from College to surprise me for my birthday. It was a fun surprise and it shocked and scared me when she first came in the door. 
We headed out the door and went to Chili's. We were going to go to Sizzler but Kefford called to make reservations and they said they don't do reservations that it is first come first serve seating and that they had a swim team there so it was really full. Kefford was telling me about this and he mentioned trying to make a reservation for 7 which confused me but he explained it away by saying he thought that Ryker's friend Matthew was coming with us and then he must have just though him with 6 because we sometimes forget that we are down to five with Kenedy gone. I didn't think anything of it until I saw Kenedy come in, then it made sense and I realized Kefford almost blew the surprise


We had a good dinner and when we came home Ryker and I opened our gifts. Ryker got hot cheetos, a motorcycle kit, a hydroflask, bullets and a clay pigeon shooter..
Kefford and Avynlea made us chocolate cake and they went a little overboard adding milk to the frosting so it was pretty runny. Chocolate cake is always good so I didn't mind.
I got a shirt from Brit, a crumble cookie delivery from my friend Jessica Mortensen, gift cards and new pots and pans.