Friday, May 8, 2015

Votes For Women!!

Last night was the fourth grade Idaho History program. First all of the fourth graders danced, sang and played their recorders to songs from our Idaho History. It was a lot of fun watching Avynlea dance our state dance the square dance. She was so cute and really looked like she was having so much fun. I did not have the best seat in the house so Ryker took my phone up closer to take some pictures of Avynlea for me before the program began. As always I am so grateful for kids who know how much pictures and memories mean to me and step in when I am unable. 


After a half hour of music and dancing the kids went out and got ready for the "wax museum" portion of the evening. Each fourth grader took a person important to Idaho History, researched them, wrote a report, and then condensed their notes into a small narration to perform. Visitors were to bring a bunch of change and when a coin was dropped in the figures cup they "came alive" and gave their little speech. Avynlea was assigned to be Abigail Scott Dunaway, a pioneer, suffragette and hat shop owner. For her presentation Avy chose to focus on her work for women's rights. She did an excellent job and was so cute! The money they earned helps pay for shirts to wear to rendezvous. I grew up learning about California History and do not know much about this awesome state I live in now and so it was fun to listen to the different people who were so important to Idaho History.