Monday, May 25, 2015

Girls Run the World

My family has been doing virtual 5ks with flex it pink for a while now. I have been interested but not super motivated to do them alone but finally I signed up for the Girls Run the World one with Kenedy. How these virtual 5ks work is that you sign up online and they send you a race packet with a bib, a shirt and a medal. You have between certain dates to run your miles and then instagram or Facebook screenshots of your run with pictures of you with your medals. Part of the money goes to a charity though I cannot remember what this one benefits. I started running on the treadmill a couple of weeks before we were going to do this and every week upped my miles so that I could be ready. 


On May 22 I got Kenedy up so that we could be ready to go by 7:30. I wanted to take advantage of the cooler weather and get it done in the morning. 
My make-up-less pre-run selfie. Keeping it real and looking not so cute at 7:30 in the morning.
I had Avynlea cleaning out the flower beds wile we were off running to get them ready for more flowers. When we got back she showed me what she had done and I saw that she had pulled out my daffodil bulbs. She thought she needed to take them out to make room for new flowers. I patiently explained to her the concept of annuals and had her replant them. I really hope they are ok and will still produce next spring. Silly Avy!
Our before picture
 We started out good running the first mile but then Kenedy got a pretty bad cramp so we walked the second mile. She felt really bad saying she was slowing me down but I told her I would rather walk the entire way with her then run by myself, and its true, I signed us both up for a reason. I like doing things with her and seriously in the blink of an eye she is going to be leaving for college, we need more Mother/Daughter bonding things. We ran the third mile and I feel really good at what we accomplished. It was fun and even though Kenedy says she will never do it again I know she will. I am going to sign us up for the next one which will happen when we are in California and we will do it with all of my sisters and some of my nieces, who can say no to that?