Sunday, May 24, 2015

stress balls, girl time and beautiful girls

Rylee came home talking about 2nd grade market day that was going to be happening soon. Each child who wanted to participate came up with an item to sell with parental approval and then had to price them and make a sign with their brand name on it and an open and closed sign so that they can shut down if they want to go shopping. They also have been earning money at school to spend on this day. Rylee really wanted to make stress balls and so I bought her 60 balloons from the dollar store and Kefford and I doubled them up for her and then had her fill them with flour. I really thought she would not last long with this project but she spaced it out over the week and worked on them each done and never complained about it, she did great. It was pretty messy with flour getting everywhere but she just sat there super into it. She originally wanted to sell them for $1 each but I told her to up it to $2. Her store name was called "Rylee the Great" and she ended up with 30 balls to sell.

Tuesday night was our Extra Relief Society Meeting and it was a Mother/Daughter night with crafts and a yummy ice-cream bar. I encouraged Rylee to ask her friend Carma Hamp if she would like to go with her and she did so Rylee was picked up by Carma and went with her. Kenedy and Avynlea and I went together and had a lot of fun visiting with friends and making magnets and sugar scrubs. It was a good night.
Kenedy had a drama banquet to go to and the theme was "A Night At the Oscars". They were supposed to wear formals and since Kenedy has yet to be at a Prom she did not have a formal and I was not about to spend money on a dress for a banquet. Luckily she was able to borrow one from her Aunt Whitney that fit really great and that Kenedy loved. I did her hair and let her borrow some shoes I bought from the DI a couple of years ago but hardly worn. Of course the buckles broke on both shoes and so I had to Jimmy-rig them with safety pins. She looked so beautiful, I can't believe how much this girl is growing up. 


Rylee is getting so that she does not want to sit still for snuggles so much anymore so I will take it when I can get it. 
Market Day arrived and Rylee was so excited to sell her stress balls and go shopping. She had earned almost $100 and so had quite a bit of spending money. When she came home she told me that her balls sold pretty quick and boy was I surprised by the loot she brought home. Cookies, cupcakes, rice crispy treats galore plus lots of other odds and ends. She had so much she had two grocery bags full of things. I would call it a successful Market Day!