Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Avynlea and Mom Day


Kefford decided to take Ryker with him to Baker on Friday because after work he and Kelsey with Asher decided to go to Washington to visit his Uncle Mark. I thought this would be a fun time to have a girls weekend and then Saturday morning Trista called asking if she and Alison could come by and take Kenedy and Rylee for the weekend since they didn't get to go the last time when she took Ryker and Avynlea. I thought that was great and told Avy it would be a fun Mommy and Avy bonding day so she would not feel bad about being left behind. She was totally on board with that idea and even decided to stay when Alison said she could go with them too. It was a little after noon when the other two were picked up and gone and Avynlea and I headed out to the mall for some wandering around. Of course our first stop was for some pretzels and lemonade at Wetzels Pretzels, we love that place!
I got some new shirts and leggings for the girls since they were on sale and I had an extra 20% off. Because of that when we got back home Avy and I cleaned out their closet and dresser to make room for the new and get rid of the outgrown. We ended up with two garbage bags full of things to pass on to their younger cousins. It was a successful venture. Avy and I then changed so we could go out to dinner. She wore one of her new outfits and looked super cute. 

We decided to go to the Cracker Barrel because we have never been and I have wanted to try it out for a long time. It was a cozy little restaurant and Avy and I had a good time chatting and eating.

After dinner we stopped outside to play some checkers where I got creamed by Avynlea. I was not trying to let her win at all and she beat me bad. I guess I am not going to win any checkers tournaments anytime soon.


I had a fun one on one day with my Avynlea and have decided I need to do this with all of my kids. Have a day where it is just Mom and one of them all day long.