Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dance Connection Dance Pictures

The Saturday before Mother's Day was The Dance Connection Dance recital. Because of a double booking for the night before we had to move that show to Saturday and ended up having 5 shows on Saturday. It was the craziest, busiest most hectic day but also a lot of fun! I LOVE Dance recital day! Seeing all of our hard work that year pay off is super rewarding for a dance teacher. The theme was Under the Sea and my boss Cyndi bought all of us teachers pretty bracelets to go with the theme. 
I love hair bows and I love this big hair bow I wore the night before to go set up the stage for our big day.

I always try to get pictures of my dancers sometime during the recital. A couple of dancers were not going to be at the recital and for those classes I took pictures during class. 
My Bright Beginnings Babies class was such a hard class for me this year. We originally started off with them dancing with the older girls but it was really hard to concentrate on each dancer because I was so busy chasing after the littles trying to get them to stay on their stickers. So we separated them and it was easier to have them on their own but they were still really crazy and not good listeners. I love these girls though, they are stinkers but so cute. 
For the recital they were grouped up with another teachers littles class and these girls danced how I expected them to. They did not stay on their spot they were super distracted by the decorations and Annalisa and Maryn ran up to me during the dance and wouldn't dance. It was a hot mess but what do you expect from two and three year olds. 




Bright Beginnings Babies
Abigail, Lila, AnnaLisa, Hayden and Emmaline
Slippery Fish and
3 Little Fishes

My Bright Beginning big girls did a really good job on their dances I was really proud of them! A couple of these girls I taught when they were the babies and it has been fun to see them improve as dancers.

Bright Beginnings
Emma, Ellie, Aubree, Carly, DeAnna, Ava and Tensley
Part of Your World and
Dance the Day Away
I taught my Eagle Creative class during their lunchtime and it was sometimes really hard for them to concentrate because they wanted to eat. I thought they did a great job dancing and was really proud of them. 

Eagle Creative PreSchool
Hallie, Ellie, Tenley, Reese and Sydney
Don't Wake the Whale and 
JellyFish Rock and Roll

This Premier class liked to fight with each other all the time. Over time I learned who could stand next to who and who had issues with who and hope to get through the class. They are fun girls and were awesome on the stage.
Premier PreSchool
Hadley, Addie, Maggie, Molly, Amora, Avery and Peyton
Don't Wake the Whale and 
JellyFish Rock and Roll
Cloverdale Monessori was my best class ever! This was another class I had to split because it grew too big, 15 girls! They were such good kids and great listeners that I really could have taught them all together but we just did not have enough space. They did the best in the recital, they were so good, I was so happy! Kenedy and her friend Ashlyn helped with this class and had my phone backstage so she took some pictures for me from behind the scenes which is fun.



Cloverdale Montessori
Mya, Kennedy, Skyla, Abby, Annachiara, Evie
Reese, Claire, Juno, Cypress, Coco, Ella
Addie, Nichole and Alexis
My New Horizons class had a couple of girls who did not like to listen very well but we made it through the year. Being a dance teacher definitely teaches you patience :). 

New Horizons Meridian
Mia, Mercedes
Don't Wake the Whale and 
JellyFish Rock and Roll 
Laila, Abigail, Marlee and Bella
Healthey Beginnings was my last class to perform and they did good as well. I forgot some steps and added some things and they did awesome to follow along, I doubt they or anyone else even noticed. 

Healthy Beginnings
Avery, Daejah, Angelique, Mckinnley, Scarlett, Aaliyah
Ava, Autumn, Sadie and Audrey

After the long day of recitals was over Cyndi and her husband took all of the teachers and their spouses out to dinner. Kenedy got to come also since she was there helping all day. And let me just say that every year Kenedy comes and helps with the kids and she is always the best and hardest worker. We have the high school dance team come and help and they are not such great helpers. Kenedy is always the best and in fact this year I had two dance teachers, who were new with us this year, who did not realize that she was my kid talking about her saying how amazing she was and why couldn't all of the high school girls be like her. I felt so proud to say she was mine. They all loved her and all of my dancers who she helped with loved her. She cracked me up backstage because she would primp and fluff the girls before they would go on acting like a cute little dance Mom. 
It was fun to hang out and unwind after a long day of working with each other and talk about the day and all the crazy and fun things that happened. But boy was I ready to go home and go to bed. My feet ached and I was exhausted. I am glad that it is done and now it is time for a break! But I always look forward to a new year, I love dancing so much and I am so grateful to be able to teach what I love. It is the best!!